Tom blushed. "Yeah... " He said softly.

"Okay!" Tord clapped his hands together. "Let's go then. I know a great place nearby."

~~~

Tord held the door to the coffee shop open for Tom. He was thankful they finally got there, as he was extremely uncomfortable in the awkward silence. Before they left, Tord put on a loose black jacket with red accents and black gloves to cover up the robot arm.

"What would you like?" Tord asked Tom, as they stared up at the menu.

"What do you suggest?"

"Um... You still like the sweet stuff, right? You haven't changed too much since then, have you?"

"Oh. Yeah. I like sweet stuff." And no, Tom had not changed too much since then. He had clung onto everything about himself that reminded him of Tord.

Tom still loved Steven Universe. Tord often cuddled with Tom as they watched it together when Edd and Matt were gone.

Tom still walked down the same street that the two of them used to walk down together. He had once caught himself talking out loud to Tord, who was of course not there. There was a child staring at him, looking rather frightened. When Tom walked past, he heard the kid start crying for their mother.

Tom still reached out for Tord whenever he was watching a sad movie, or when he just wanted some company. But was always dismayed, to remember that he was alone.

And Tom especially still loved sweets. He remembered one year that Edd and Matt went out for Valentines, still as friends. (There was a party at a gay bar that Matt wanted to go to.) Tom sang a song for Tord that he was inspired to make when they first met.

They were sat down on Tom's bed, eating Valentines chocolate and being really sweet to each other. Tord pulled out the poem.

He looked at Tom, a slight blush tinting his cheeks. "I also wrote something when we met... "

Tom stuffed a chocolate in his mouth. "Read it." He shifted where he was to lay down in Tord's lap.

"Okay." He smiled at his boyfriend. "It's really bad, so-"

"Just read it." Tom set a hand on Tord's chest.

"Got it."

Tears in my eyes

Sweat on my neck

Razor in my skin

Blood on my floor

Anxiety surrounds me

And I'm looking for my deathbed

It's nowhere in sight

But I see an angel in the sky

It whispers to me

Tells me to live

I listen and cry

And live on for him

Tord finished and set the paper aside to see Tom with tears his eyes.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Tord took Tom's face in his hands. Tom did the same, except he pulled Tord into a long, passionate, and loving kiss.

"Jeg elsker deg." Tom whispered. He was trying to learn Norwegian for this reason. And also for the very reason that he could say it in front of Edd and Matt, as long as it was said angrily.