Out of nowhere, a ball of darkness exploded beside Zelda, flinging her a few feet away from where she had been standing and making her fall harshly onto the invisible grounds.

Confused, Link looked to and fro and eventually spotted a familiar face - Ganondorf Dragmire.

He grinned at the appearance of his friend, but that instantly dropped the moment he heard Zelda standing back up again.

She looked even angrier now, the veins in her forehead practically popping out of her skin. Lunging towards Link, the Hylian managed to roll out of her range of attack, thus leaving her on the ground for a moment.

Ganondorf fired another ball of darkness at Zelda, causing her to cry out in pain and remain on the ground.

Before they could attack her any further, she stood back up and charged towards Ganondorf.

It happened all too quickly.

Her rapier stabbed right through the center of Ganondorf, but he did not make any noises. All he did was stare at what had become of him, feeling his life drifting away once Zelda yanked the rapier out of his chest.

As the Gerudo man fell towards the ground, Link felt a mix of overwhelming emotions come straight towards him. It was mostly anger towards Zelda, but there was another unexplainable emotion he felt. Seeing his comrade fall before him caused this emotion, though Link didn't know what to call it.

All he knew was that Zelda needed to be exterminated, right now.

Letting out a battle cry, he lunged towards the unsuspecting Zelda and made her topple into the ground. Before he could stab her with the Master Sword, it seemed as if time was slowing and was frozen still.

In the realm of the sages, old Rauru appeared on his respective emblem and prepared to do this ritual once more.

"Sages! Use all your power to seal away the evil!" Rauru instructed with his bellowing voice, watching as the other six sages appeared atop their own emblems.

Saria, Sage of the Forest. Ruto, Sage of Water. Daruina, Sage of Fire. Impa, Sage of Shadow. Nabooru, Sage of Spirit.

"I thought Princess Zelda was a sage as well?" Nabooru questioned, before joining in the sealing of evil ritual.

"In this life, she was corrupted by malice. She bestows the Triforce of Power for some strange reason, but it has made her become blind," Saria explained, placing her hands over her heart. "Once we seal her away, the Triforce of Power will be accessible, at last."

Ruto nodded, remembering her conversation with Saria just moments before now. "Mhm. With the help of the three goddesses, we can give the Triforce pieces back to their respectful owners."

"Ganondorf is not the true wielder of the Triforce of Power, though," Nabooru said. "This is a chance to stop this endless cycle of evil. Why can't we take it?"

"The Triforce of Power can't be aimlessly floating around. Besides, who knows what could happen if one piece of the Triforce didn't belong to anyone? Every piece has always been in the hands of someone. We can't risk anything," Saria explained.

"Hush! Everyone! Get in formation! We must commence the sealing of Queen Zelda before she has the chance to break free," Impa instructed.

"What about Ganon, though?" Ruto asked. "He has the Triforce of Wisdom. We have to give that back to the soul of the Goddess Hylia."