I

A/N: Warning: This chapter sucks. At least I tried... right? So I just randomly decided Link's role in this is... wait... just read and find out... Oh and, I'm using Roman Numerals for the chapter names so, yeah.

A disgusted Princess Zelda sat atop her throne. Her fingers tapped the edges of it quickly, and impatiently. For hours she had been waiting for him to come, but he has not arrived yet.

You might think that this Zelda is kindhearted and wise. But it's the exact opposite. This Zelda was a ruthless, and selfish ruler, who thought of no one but herself. True, she was wise, but not entirely as wise as her past incarnations.

Though her appearance seemed appealing, with her long light blonde hair and deep blue eyes, the inside of her showed a completely different image.

Suddenly a man, a castle guard, burst into the throne room seeming out of breath.

Zelda raised an eyebrow, "Ah, you're finally here. What ever were you doing that took you so long?"

"That doesn't matter now," the guard replied, "Just... just please follow me, your majesty,"

"Why do I need to follow you?" Zelda said smirking.

The guard let out an annoyed sigh, and glared at the princess, "You have been, searching for a bodyguard, am I correct?"

"Yes." Zelda answered.

"I've been prospecting the trainee's whom train to be apart of the Hyrulian Army. Only one out of the many trainee's caught my eye. I thought he may be the one whom could aid you as your bodyguard." he explained.

"I see," Zelda said, then sat up from her throne, "Take me to him, now."

"Er, alright. Right this way, your majesty." the guard said, turning his heel and exiting the throne room.

Zelda followed quickly, walking down the hallways of the enormous castle. Her blonde hair bounced around herself with every step she took.

"And this trainee, you think is eligible to be my bodyguard? Why, if he is only a trainee, there cannot be much to him." Zelda said.

"He may be only a trainee, true," the guard said while looking forward, "but he stood out from everyone else."

"And how is that?" Zelda inquired.

"You will see." he replied, turning down a different hallway, which lead to the outside of the castle.

The guard lead Zelda down the walkway outside, until he stopped. His hand extended out to the area where the trainee's were... training.

"If you will take a moment to spot him out," the guard said looking out at the trainee's.

"I will. I need to know what he looks like. Hair color?" Zelda asked.

"Blonde, like yours." the guard replied.

"Age?"

"I am not certain."

"Hmm." Zelda huffed, then peered out at everyone. 99% of the trainee's were sporting helmets on their heads, preventing her from seeing their hair color. Only one out of the many did not wear a helmet. And his hair was blonde.

Zelda watched as that trainee leapt into the air, bringing his sword down on the other man he was fighting. He swiftly dodged every attack the other men tried to land on him. Finally, he swung his sword once more, resulting in the other man he was fighting to drop his own sword in defeat.

An odd smile appeared on Zelda's face, "Is that who you were talking about?" she asked, pointing at the trainee she had been watching.

The guard nodded, "Yes, your majesty. What do you think of his fighting skills? I think, that he would be most eligible to be your bodyguard. He seems like the right man for the job."

"Your opinion does not matter," Zelda said, "But, I do agree with you. Please go and request that man to meet me in my throne room, where we will determine whether or not he will be my bodyguard."

"Yes, your majesty." the guard said, then began to run back into the castle.

Zelda's gaze set back upon the trainee, watching his fighting.

None of the trainee's seemed to even notice Zelda's presence, they were too endorsed in their fighting it seemed.

After watching for a few minutes, Zelda grew bored, and she walked back into the castle, returning to her throne room.

Another A/N: _ChiliStar_... I'm kind of making up my own ideas here so, if you're mad about this, please tell me and I'll change it. Otherwise, this is just a fill in chapter for Zelda. Next will be... well, you'll find out. And no, it's not Link. Ciao.

-Katy