XI

The Gerudo Leader was being escorted out of the castle by a handful of guards. As they made their way through Hyrule Castle, Ganondorf took this time to just take in the beautiful sights of the castle. It was obvious Hyrule was blessed with fortune, as everything in this room combined could pay for the entirety of the Gerudo peoples homes.

A large group of guards brushed by the group Ganondorf was with, seeming to be running frantically for a reason Ganondorf did not know of. The guards surrounding him stopped the others, and began asking multiple questions to why they were in such a hurry.

Worry was strewn across all their faces, as their leader stepped in front.

"The King has fallen! All guards are ordered to go to his side and help as much as possible!" the leader shouted, earning many gasps from the guards leading Ganondorf.

One turned to face the Gerudo Leader, looking extremely panicked now. "Y-you may escort yourself out - we must help the King!"

With that being said, all the guards huddled up and resumed their frantic yells and cries as they zoomed down the bright corridor of the castle. Ganondorf stood there in shock, looking back and forth a few times before his brain finally processed what had just happened.

"The King...has fallen? What do they mean by that?" he questioned to himself and no one else in particular. The Gerudo raised his large hand to his chin, stroking it thoughtfully as his brain tried thinking of what those words meant.

He shook his head, feeling incredibly stupid for having to stop and think about something so simple. "Gah! The King has fallen...meaning...he's been shot down?"

'How would this even happen? Was someone trying to assassinate the King? I wouldn't know their intentions, but since Hyrule is the most powerful monarchy in the land, this would seem like a very possible outcome,' Ganondorf thought, looking down at his feet and the lush, deep red velvet rug that was laid across every hallway and corridor in the palace.

Lost in thought, the world around Ganondorf seemed to slowly turn colorless, as he thought more and more about what had just happened.

The next thing he knew, Ganondorf felt a harsh smack hit his stomach area, and he opened his eyes to discover he was laying on the floor. Looking up at the ceiling for a moment, his eyes began to dart around the area above him before he heard a low grunt that emitted from in front of him. The Gerudo arose from the floor, rubbing the back of his head, which was now sore due to the sudden contact with the marble ground.

In front of him laid a man, who only looked like a teenager to Ganondorf. He had dirty blonde, side swept hair and wore a fancy-looking green tunic. A hat, which Ganondorf thought was shaped oddly, was off of the man's head and laying atop his stomach.

The boy groaned, fluttering open his sharp, blue eyes, grabbing his cap and leaning back up. Once he had risen, he glared at the Gerudo, making Ganondorf cock and eyebrow in confusion. What had he done wrong this time?

"I told you to move out of the way!" yelled the boy, who stood back on his feet and began to fluff out his hat for no reason, before plopping it back neatly on his messy head.

Ganondorf stared up at the boy in disbelief.

"I...I'm sorry?" that came out more like a question than a legitimate apology from the Gerudo. "I...wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. My mistake."

Ganondorf stood up, staring down the man who was much, much shorter than him.

"Who are you, anyway?" the man asked, folding his arms across his chest and eyeing the Gerudo.