VII

While Ganondorf was humming quietly to himself whilst staring at the flickering fire in the large fireplace, a burly-looking woman with snow white hair walked into the room and sat down in one of the empty red velvet chairs.

He halted his humming, and sat up a bit. The Gerudo leader stared at the woman, expecting her to speak.

She cleared her throat, looking at Ganondorf.

"Hmm?" Ganondorf mumbled.

The woman clasped her hands together, putting them in her lap as she took a deep breath. "You must be the Gerudo man that the castle's front guards informed me about."

Ganondorf was hesitant for a moment, before nodding in approval of her statement.

"What is your name?" she asked.

"Oh, um, I'm Ganondorf...Dragmire," he answered.

Her eyes widened for a moment. His name was identical to the evil man who tried to take over Hyrule centuries ago. Was he the same one? She had heard that this evil being was a Gerudo, but was sealed away in the Sacred Realm, thanks to the Hero of Time. He couldn't possibly be the very same Ganondorf Dragmire, could he?

"Nice to meet you, Ganondorf. I am Impa, Zelda's nursemaid. I've been watching over her and taking care of her ever since...her mother's passing," Impa mumbled, then smiled to try and brush away that particular topic.

"Now, why do you need to speak with the Princess?" Impa asked.

Ganondorf made an 'ooh' sound, and grabbed the wrapped up Gerudo Sword that was lying next to him on the couch, showing it to the nursemaid. "I've come to...present this sword that we, the Gerudo's, crafted for Hyrule..."

Impa raised an eyebrow.

"To show peace. Everybody knows of the Hylian and Gerudo rivalry that's been going on for...Hylia only knows...and we wanted to try and say 'sorry' for whatever we did in the past. So this finely crafted sword, crafted by the greatest blacksmith in our village, is to show our sign of peace," Ganondorf explained, before stopping to clear his throat. "I'd like to present this sword to the Princess personally, or the King...either is fine, just someone of royalty."

Impa nodded, and closed her eyes. "Her majesty is meeting with someone right now, so I do not think she is available to speak with at this moment. And, the King isn't available right now, I know for a fact. He has paperwork to do."

Ganondorf nodded, and leaned back a bit on the velvet couch.

"Would you like me to see if Princess Zelda is available to speak with you?" Impa asked. "She might be done with her meeting by now."

The Gerudo leader nodded. "Yes, please. Thank you very much."

Impa nodded, and stood up. "You're welcome. I will be back in a few moments."

With that, the nursemaid made her way out of the room, and down the long hallways and up the winding stairs that led to Princess Zelda's chambers.

--

Zelda sat back down in her throne, giggling quite mischievously with her brows creased.

"I knew you'd be one not to decline!" she boasted, and waved her hand up. "Now, leave my presence. Sarge will show you to your quarters."

"M-my quarters?" Link questioned, earning a disgusted eye roll from the princess.

"Yes, your quarters," she answered with a heaving sigh. "You know, the place where you will be sleeping."

Link finally caught on, and stood up. "O-oh. Sorry for my inconvenience."

Suddenly, a guard walked into Zelda's chambers, and hurriedly ran up to Link and Zelda. Zelda gasped at his presence.