Mission: land of waves!

Start from the beginning

The Hokage began to speak about something to do with ranking but I lost interest and started to talk to Naruto about ramen. Hokage got mad and threw a scroll at me, hitting me square in the head.

"Gahh! What the hell was that for!!!" I screamed at him. He ignored me and sighed. I turned my head away from him and noticed the scroll still on the floor. I picked it up and read it over, my face lit up and I ran over to the Hokage's desk and slammed the scroll down so he could see it.

"Hokage-sama! How about this mission!?" I asked. Hokage picked it up and read what was written on it. He narrowed his eyes and glanced at me the back to the scroll then my team then back at the scroll. He let out a heavy sigh and spoke.

"So be it." He said. Everyone's heads turned to me and Hokage-sama. "Since you are so determined, I am going to give you a C ranked mission. You'll be bodyguards on a journey. You can thank Natsuki." He said smiling at me.

"Really!? Who are we guarding? Who? Who? " Naruto asked excited.

I slammed my hand over my nose and mouth so that the sudden strong smell of alcohol couldn't reach my nostrils. I scanned the room looking for the source of the horrible smell when the door flew open and the smell got stronger. In walked a man who reeked of sake.

"What the? A bunch of snot nosed kids? And you, the little one with the idiotic look on your face, you really expect me to think you're a ninja?" He gurgled. We all lined up with Sasuke being the tallest, then Sakura, then me, and Naruto last.

"Hey!! I'll kill you! Take that back you old drunk!!" Naruto screamed. Kakashi held his shoulder and told us not to kill the client.

I glared at the old man slightly. He must have noticed and said, "and the one with the weird ears looks like she's about to kill me. Do you honestly expect me to trust you with my life?"

I growled lowly and my glared hardened. The old man looked back at Kakashi and the rest of Team 7 and introduced himself.

"I am Tazuna, master bridge builder, and I want you ninja to protect me while I return to my country. Even if it means giving up your life." He stated.

I huffed and went to walk out the door.

"Fine! Meet at the gates in an hour." I said and walked away to go get ready. I heard that old drunk, Tazuna talking about my attitude with my evolved hearing. I growled and ran to my house.

I went up to my room and packed my bag with a weeks worth of clothes and snacks because I get hungry on long trips. I pack my katana that I hide in my closet and used a justu to keep it stored in a scroll so it is easier to carry. I grabbed my hair brush, toothbrush and toothpaste, my pyjamas, and packed my weapons pouch with kunai, shuriken, senbon needles, and paper bombs. I grabbed my bag and walked off to the gate to meet up with the rest of my team.

________________________________

We had been walking for a few hours now and I was bored out of my mind! Sakura was asking Kakashi and Tazuna stupid questions about the other ninja in the Land of Waves but I just ended up zoning out. I crossed my arms behind my head and stared up at the sky. It was a beautiful day and I was enjoying the sun. I took a deep breath in through my nose and stopped in my tracks. I was behind everyone else so they didn't notice. I narrowed my eyes and scanned the area. We wern't anywhere near a lake or anything so why could I smell water? I shrugged and ran to catch up to the others but was still on guard.

We continued walked and the smell of moisture got stronger and stronger. I was too focused on where the smell was coming from I ended up walking into a puddle. I narrowed my eyes at it and bent down to smell it. The source of the smell was coming from here and not only could I smell water but there was another bad smell mixed in with it. I stood up and walked up closer to Kakashi. He glanced back at me and nodded I nodded in reply knowing what he was trying to tell me. 'Get ready..'