Chapter 30. A void of cold darkness.

Start from the beginning

Suddenly she was hauled up from the bed, and into the rough arms of Neal.

With an iron grip he caged her in and grinned at her with a sinister look, his hands snaking their way all around her waist, keeping her close.

Laura closed her eyes for a brief second and shuddered as he moved in and nuzzled her neck and sniffed her hair.

"There you go. . ." he groaned as he sniffed his way down to her lips, "Now you are all ready for me."

Suddenly he drew back, just before reaching her lips, and he gave her a sly smile that did not reach his eyes.

"This. ." he said and motioned at her wrists and ankles, ". . is all for your pleasure baby. . .I don't want you to think otherwise."

Laura's eyes almost bulged at his words. That idiot actually believed what he said. Jesus Christ!

She stared in pure bewilderment at him, shaking her head barely visible. This HAD to be a fuckin' joke!

She started to get really angry.

"You're disgusting!" she hissed at him, "you're nothing but a vile creature, with a void of cold darkness where your heart should be!"

Neal stared down on her, suddenly he appeared to be larger than life as he moved in closer yet again. She thought he was going to slap her as his hand reached for her. Instead he grabbed a fist full of her hair and brought his face down to hers, sniffing her once more before giving her a hard violent kiss.

Laura felt her stomach rise into her mouth, she struggled to pull herself away from him but couldn't, not tied the way she was, so she did the next best thing she could . . .she bit his lower lip as hard as she could until she felt the taste of his blood . . .

~       ~        ~   

Cody emptied his second beer and his mood had changed from good to bad since he had seen Laura disappear to god knows where, and it was now taking an even deeper steep into the abyss of  uncertainty and anger.

Now where the hell was she?

He gazed at his wristwatch and pursed his lips hard with dislike. She had been gone more than thirty minutes, and that was twenty-nine too many for his liking.

Beside him at the table, he could hear Phil and Lance discuss, but he could not concentrate on listening to them. He was too worked up now, and a feeling of unease was starting to bothering him like shit.

"Hey, Cody! Wake up. . . we are talking to you. . " Phil said and nudged him a little at his shoulder.

Cody snapped his head to his friend.

"What?" he said, his voice sounding harder than he wanted it to.

Phil did not seem to notice, or maybe it was the music in the bar that simply made him oblivious to the tone of Cody's voice. He was thankful for that, because he honestly did not want his own bad temper to fall back on his two best buddies.

"I just wondered if old man Brady said anything to you about Marla today. . "Phil took a swig from the beer glass, trying to look as unconcerned as possible. But Cody was not fooled.