✙ Chapter 22 ✙

Start from the beginning

"What. Did. You. Do?" I seethed, shaking my head.

"I don't know how it's possible, but over time, werewolves discovered a way to protect their mates," he started, scratching the back of his head. "A way to care for their mates. I was told that centuries ago, this way was used to prove to werewolves who they belonged with. I-I didn't think it would work because you're human, but it did."

"It shouldn't have worked on you," Cole spoke up, exhaling loudly. "So, there's another mystery added to the list of f*cked up things." Drew frowned at him, shaking his head; though, he didn't snap at him for interrupting his conversation with me.

"What shouldn't have worked on me?"

Drew looked at me. "You're going to be mad."

"Probably."

He shook his head. "Look, I didn't know what else to do, okay? The idea popped into my head and I didn't hesitate because there was a slight chance it could save you - it was all I could think of at the moment." He glanced at his Beta who nodded at him, encouraging him into continuing. Hesitantly, he looked back at me, before blurting, "I fed you my blood."

"Y-you what?" I sputtered, jerking back in surprise.

"A werewolf is capable of healing their mate with their blood," he explained, slowly. "My blood healed you, though I don't know how because you're human. But, only my blood is capable of healing you. All your injuries are gone, Nora. I took care of you. . ." Frozen in shock, I stared at him, dragging my tongue along my teeth, tasting the small metallic taste, though it wasn't as bitter as human blood. I opened my mouth to speak, but I didn't know what to say; what did you say to someone who saved your life with their blood? At the moment, I felt like a freaking vampire and as far as I was concerned, they didn't exist.

Cole cleared his throat. "What your mate is leaving out, is that this increased the bond between you two."

Drew scowled at him. "I was getting there."

Cole shrugged innocently, a small smirk dancing on his lips as he pulled out a packet of cigarettes. I watched as he lit a cigarette, shoving it between his lips - I nearly forgot he was addicted to cigarettes. I looked back at Drew, not entirely sure how I felt towards him. He saved my life, yet increased the bond between us. A part of me believed I should've been angrier than I was while the other part was thankful for him saving me. Frowning, I asked, "How can the bond be stronger? It was already strong as it was."

"Well, um, you'll feel a stronger pull to me," he answered, quietly.

I folded my arms across my chest. "What do you mean?"

"He means you'll want to touch him a lot," Cole said, a knowing smirk on his face. I knew what he meant and I didn't like it. I pressed my lips together in frustration as Drew whipped his head around with a growl, scowling at him. "Leave!" Cole bit his bottom lip and nodded, quickly leaving the room with puffs of smoke trailing behind him. No matter how close the two were, he still needed to follow his Alpha's orders. Exhaling loudly, Drew grabbed a handful of his hair, lightly pulling it to remind himself to stay calm. "I'm sorry, Nora. I-I didn't know what else to do and I knew that if I changed you, you'd hate me forever."

"You're right," I responded, nodding. "And, I'm not mad at you."

Shock appeared on his face; his jaw-dropped and his eyes widened. "You're n-not? I mean, I expected - "

"You saved me, okay? I'm not ready to die; I have people depending on me," I told him, a little harshly. "And, you could've changed me while I was unconscious, but you didn't. You know what? Lets just forget this ever happened." The words flew from my lips and I swung my legs over the side of the bed, rising to my feet. At first, the room started to turn, becoming a blur of colors. Noticing, Drew jumped to his feet, placing his hand on my lower back as I started to blink rapidly to clear my vision. When shapes started to appear, I stuttered, "I-I'm fine."