✙ Chapter 6 ✙

Hey!

Sorry that I haven't updated in forever! I've been really busy! And, thanks for the support! Your comments mean a lot! Oh, and sorry for any mistakes! :/ So, here's the next chapter!

Tell me what you think! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 12/24/14

The guy charged towards me.

After he growled the one word, I knew his motive. As a hunter, there wasn't any cowering or screaming involved. I was taught to be brave, even during the scariest moments. I raised my fists, prepared to defend myself, completely forgetting about Drew behind me. I witnessed the guy's pupils transition to the hideous, haunting white color that I despised, though craved to see with each kill. He didn't expect me to back away; he knew that I was going to fight. His nose scrunched up in anger as he released a snarl, flashing his teeth. The vein in his forehead was popping out and his cheeks had turned bright red. I got this, I thought, even though I lacked weapons. But, I knew how to defend myself after the karate classes throughout middle school, along with my brother's teaching. Anticipation was rising in my chest as he grew closer and closer to me; I was desperate to release some of the anger inside of me on someone.

I was confident in myself, despite my injuries. As long as I used my upper body, I was going to be fine, but my legs were still the strongest part of me. Another growl came and I took a step forward, ready to lunge at him to show my speed.

But, Drew leaped in front of me, gently shoving me back behind him. "Hey!" My lips formed a straight line and I was about to punch his back when the guy tackled into his abdomen. Because I had been standing directly behind him, I was also crashed into and plummeted to the ground, flinching at the pain in my thigh. Drew's elbow accidentally rammed into my shoulder and I gritted my teeth together, looking up through my lashes at them. On the floor, Drew rolled him away from me, hopping onto the guy's stomach. I watched as his fist came flying down to the guy's nose, followed by gushing blood. Oh, shit. He punched him again, nailing his jaw that was already crooked. "Reece, you need to calm down - don't let your anger win."

"Get the fuck off me!" the guy, Reece, shouted, his eyes filled with rage. He caught Drew off-guard by swinging his fist around and nailing his cheekbone. A weird feeling coiled inside of me at the sight of Drew getting harmed by him. As I stumbled to my feet, Reece shoved his Alpha off him and jumped to his, faster than humanly possible. He took a step towards me with a snarl, but Drew stopped him by ramming into his side, knocking him into the nearest wall. Reece's body created a large dent in the wall and easily, Drew pinned him by his arms. "She's a hunter! She murdered - "

"Think about this," Drew forced through gritted teeth, his eyes narrowed. "I don't want to hurt you."

Another growl came. "Why are you defending her?"

"She's my mate," Drew answered, quiet enough that I barely heard. There was a moment of silence, before Reece bravely spit into the face of his Alpha. My eyebrows shot up in surprise and at the disrespect, Drew nailed him in the stomach with his fist. Like expected, Reece hunched over, clutching his stomach in pain. Grabbing a handful of his hair, Drew shot his knee upwards, ramming it into his pack member's face. Reece wavered back and forth on his feet for a moment, before dizzily crumbling to his hands and knees. Blood was dripping from his lips. "Don't forget who holds the power."

"You don't have my respect anymore," Reece grumbled, glaring up at him. "You chose a hunter over your pack."

"One that happens to be my mate - and I didn't choose her over my pack," Drew informed him, wiping the blood on his fingers on his shirt. "I don't care if you aren't happy with me at the moment, but you treat me with respect, understand?"