✙ Chapter 16 ✙

Hey!

Finally an update! Wut wut! I hope you enjoy this chapter! No cliff hanger this time ;) Oh, and R.I.P. Paul Walker - Fast & Furious will never be the same without you. :( So, tell me what you think of this chapter! I hope it's not too bad! :)

~ Lissa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: 12/29/14

Shortly after discovering my family had declared war, I took another shower, ate a quick sandwich, and flopped down on Drew's bed with the book about the Volkov brothers. Drew was occupied in the basement, along with other werewolves, cleaning up after the full moon. Since I wasn't capable of being anywhere without a babysitter, Hulk was standing near the door, his arms folded across his chest. His eyes were skimming the room, pausing on me every once in a while, and his breathing was heavy, which was extremely annoying. He was wearing a loose t-shirt with baggy jeans while an ugly scowl rested on his face. To be honest, I was relieved it had been Hulk who was assigned to watch me; he was quiet. He didn't ask any questions, like why I was flipping through this book rather than escaping.

Laying on my stomach, I flipped the page, silently reading the smallest paragraph.

'After suffering through the first full moon, the brothers realized the pain and torment they were bound to live from that night. They sought out the witch who had cursed them, Adelia, and pleaded for her to remove the curse. She refused and pointed towards her son's grave outside her home - she claimed she only revealed the monstrous side of them, that she didn't make them into monsters. Angry, Ryker ended up killing the witch and afraid that her coven was going to avenge her death, he murdered them too, despite his brothers' warnings. As soon as the village discovered the multiple deaths, they planned on hunting the brothers down by first breaking into their home. Inside, they captured their mother and ended up slicing her throat for bringing demons into the world. When the brothers saw their mother's lifeless body hanging in the center of the village, they hid among the trees until the next full moon.

'Outraged, when the full moon had returned, they slaughtered the entire village. The small area went up into flames and their home, their mother, everything - burned away. The next morning, the brothers decided to split-up, resulting in them disappearing altogether'.

I flipped through some more pages until stopping on one with Caine's name in bold letters at the top.

'Caine Volkov was the oldest of the brothers. He carried leadership, skill, and bravery, although he was known to be sneaky and untrustworthy. He often lied and betrayed others, mainly to receive his desires. After burning down his village, several people claimed to have spotted him in the upper north, carrying around a sword drenched in blood. Some believe the witnesses were lying and he was only part of their imagination while others think differently. Caine was considered a warrior; he always wanted to be the first one jumping into battle. People claimed the bloody sword was a sign since he was always sword sparing against his father. But, years and years passed - and there were less sightings of him.

"Warrior," I whispered, flashing back to Caine's words in the forest. According to him, I had looked like a warrior with my injuries. Hearing my whisper, Hulk narrowed his eyes, tilting his head to one side.

"What did you say?"

I cleared my throat. "Um, nothing."

Skeptically, he turned his attention towards the closed window on the opposite side of the room. On the next page, Ryker's name was in bold letters at the top.