"No. Only a small shot. But no. Some wolves attacked us from behind."

       "But we had the perfect plan!"

       "It looks as though it backfired." Victor told him, patting his back.

       Michael rubbed the bridge of his nose with disappointment. "Get those injured. We're heading back to camp."

       His men obliged to his commands and immediately retreated.

       Michael thought about the reason why that wolf did not head straight for the kill. From back there, he thought he was going to die. But no, the wolf didn't kill him. But why? Alphas are merciless when it comes to hunters who intended on killing him and his pack. And now . . . why did he spare him?

       When he and his men arrived back into the camp, a man breathlessly ran up towards him. “Sir, Bradley’s knocked out cold.”

       Michael’s eyes widened. “What? Where’s Akira?”

       “There’s no sign of her. We found this instead.” he held up a small dart in his fingers.

       Michael took it in his hold and scrutinized it closely. He remembered his daughter’s foolish games. Sometimes, she uses this darts to sneak off. If she wants to have fun, she throws these darts on the maids so that they’ll fall asleep.

       The dart slipped from his fingers and fell down on the ground softly. He ran back to the camp and saw Bradley being handled by two other hunters. He crouched down beside him and tapped his cheek. No matter how many times he did, he was knocked out cold.

       He raked his hands through his hair and rubbed his palms over his face. He walked over to a tree and punched, so that he can vent his anger. Judging by Bradley’s current state, Akira unknowingly used her extra abilities. Being hunters, they aren’t so humans. They’re given additional abilities.

       “Damn it! Akira . . . “ he grumbled. He then faced his troop “What are you waiting for? Send three men in all direction and find her!”

       “Aren’t we supposed to hunt down wolves and not your daughter?”

       He then thought for a minute. “Believe me. This is a big part of our job.”

-*-

The man’s violet eyes continued flashing into Adam’s mind. He reminded him of his mate. There was a great resemblance between them . . . especially those eyes. Those eyes. Could the last word she spoke before she drifted off to sleep be true?

       Her dad?

       Her dad is a hunter? Could that be the reason why she was here? Of all the fathers she could have. Why does her father have to be a hunter? Fate is cruel. And it could it be possible? No. No hunters can ever be mates with a wolf . . . unless.

       Adam shook his head and cleared his thoughts while he continued running. His beta’s thoughts projected into his mind, snapping him out of his line of thinking. “Alpha. It’s nice for your plan to work. Who would’ve thought those hunters will come during the mating moon?”

       “Oh, what? Yes. Of course. I’ve to get someone first. Would you mind taking over for a second?”

       Since they were both in their wolf form, they could not communicate physically. So wolves in the same pack are given the ability to communicate with each other mentally.

       “No problem. Let me guess. You found your mate?”

       Adam did not answer that question and just took off to the direction where he left his mate. He was still pondering about the thought of having his mate with a blood of a hunter. How would his pack react to this? Would they accept her in the first place? He hoped, of course. But werewolves are known to be exceptionally understanding. The moon goddess had blessed them their mates. And so, their fates are judged by her. Their destinies are molded by one person, and one person alone. Therefore, there must be a sole reason why he got her as his mate. And what more of him being the alpha? Now this is making sense. The moon goddess clearly has this planned out.