Chapter 4

Unofficially Yours

Adam Stanford glanced down at the lovely female inside his arms. Her features were truly angelic, and he finally felt a rush of happiness course through him at the thought of finally finding his mate. Her lips were supple, lush-looking, and plump—a perfect shape a cupid’s bow. Her nose was high-bridged, but perfect for her oval-shaped face.

       He watched her carefully as her lips slowly parted, a perfect set of pearly-white teeth revealed. Her eyes were accentuated with her long, dark fringe of lashes and those dark brows with a perfect curve. He did get the chance to take a good look in her eyes. They were a deep shade of violet—one that he found extremely rare and at the same time, beautiful. A loud gust of wind blew, causing her brown curly hair to sway along with it.

       He needed to hurry, though. He pondered the reason why she was wondering here in the woods when it was dark. There is a lot of danger that lurks around every corner. Minutes ago, he heard the sound of gunshots ringing in the air. The hunters must’ve come back to hunt his clan down, though he wouldn’t allow it. He’s been waiting for five years for her to come, and now that she’s here, he won’t let any harm come their way.

       He hurried towards an isolated a part of the forest where he was sure that no one will find, and placed his mate down on the grassy ground, her head supported by a flat-surfaced rock. He needed to fight off those hunters now and for all, to prevent them from causing any further destruction and to protect his pack from the danger.

       He stared at the nameless maiden who was fast asleep in front of him and leaned down, kissing her forehead gently. She wouldn't awaken, hopefully. This place is completely hidden from view and no hunters will discover this place.

       He then stood back up and ran towards the woods, shifting into his wolf form. His determination was fueled, thanks to his mate. He now know that something or someone is worth living for.

       Tipping his head towards the sky, he howled to the moon. His cry resonated throughout the whole forest, full of eagerness and determination. This night of the mating moon, those hunters are going down.

-*-

       Michael Martins aimed directly towards the growling wolf as it used itself as a living shield for the dear female that was cowering in fear. The night of the mating moon isn't only a strategic occasion to attack. Werewolves' weaknesses are their mates. It is their primal instinct to protect them with their lives.

       All of a sudden, another wolf burst from the bushes and tackled him to the ground. The gun he held flew off from his hand and he looked up at the marbled wolf. Judging from its size, it is the alpha.

       He stared directly at the wolf's eyes and he saw a flash of recognition in them. It looked like it pondered for a moment before it blinked to itself and got off him. It headed for the gun it carried before it took it to inside its jaws and crushed it to bits.

       The wolf stared straight into his eyes, a silent warning to never come back. He instead attacked the other hunters and gave them a small injury before he nudged his pack members and retreated back into the woods.

       "Michael! Are you alright?" Victor came rushing to his side. He clutched his arm and helped him back up on his feet.

       "I'm fine."

       "The wolves did great damages. They didn't kill anyone, though."

       "Did anyone of you managed to take down some wolves?" he asked.