Chapter Twenty Three (Ending)

Apologies for the late update people! As you can see, this is in fact the ending to my first Wattpad story, and I wanted to get it as close to what I wanted as possible before uploading it. I'm considering a sequel to this one as well, if you guys could let me know what you reckon, if it's worth doing and all that - would be greatly appreciated! =D Enjoy! x

Hunter had gently carried Alexa into the house, after a few minutes of begging from the three people surrounding him. His wolf felt accosted, threatened, but the urge to keep his mate and baby safe overrode any insult his Alpha wolf felt in their presence and blatant acts of disrespect.

He wouldn't let anyone near Alexa for even longer, her body was shivering on his bed, the duvet having been thrown off during one of her fits of pain, and he growled even more, and even deeper every time she whimpered. She had desperately tried to move into a more comfortable position, but each time one contraction passed and she had time to adjust, another struck. Hunter couldn't do anything except sit there flustered and angry, and it made him more angry knowing that he was so useless.

It took Daniel and Derek to keep him at bay, whilst Amanda helped Alexa to sit up properly on the bed, comfortably and therefore more able to deal with each excruciating contraction.. Hunter was dangerously close to shifting, but no matter how Ivan and the feral animal felt, Hunter was for once, the stronger of the three, using all the strength he had to stay in human form, and completely in control of his senses. Amanda took vigil next to her labouring daughter, whispering encouragement and words of inspiration as she adjusted the way the pillows and the duvet settled around her, her head leaned back on the mountain of fluffy pillows, a sigh of relief escaping her lips. Alexa was now fully conscious, sweat dripping down her forehead, as her eyes locked with Hunters.

"Alexa, I need you to focus on your breathing... in... out... in... out..." Amanda coached, as she went to remove Alexa's trousers, before remembering the others were in the room with them still. "I need you guys to leave the room now, before I can carry on." They didn't move, standing their in awed shock and fascination."Now!"

Daniel and Derek sighed deeply, and used all their strength to start removing Hunter from the room. Whilst it the female's mother and potentially mother in law stayed with them to go through the birth, it was the job of the father and father in law, to keep the mate at bay, to keep their wolf from running into the room and disrupting the birthing process. Despite thousands of years of evolution, nature still thought it best to make the male wolf unbelievably protective, and at points where it was really unnecessary. Hundreds of years ago, when they were being hunted to extinction by poachers, the extreme over protection was needed, almost expected, but now - their females were the safest they'd ever been. Try telling that to the males though.

"Hunter... we need to head out now..." Derek started, his wolf ready to do his duty if Hunter and Ivan completely lost it. Daniel was the same, his wolf ready to protect his daughter and his unborn grandchild.

Hunter growled lowly, but surprisingly, agreed, and slowly made his way through the bedroom door.

"Hunter..." Alexa whispered, getting his attention almost immediately. "I'll be fine..." She carried on breathing the way her mum had instructed, by managed a small smile for her terrified mate. "I'll see you soon okay...? And I'll have your son or daughter with me..." Her sentence was cut off suddenly by another contraction, her face contorting in tremendous pain, and her hands clutching tightly at the duvet beneath her.

"Hunter... I'm sorry... we need to go..." Derek started, tentatively putting his hands on his sons arms, to try and move him back out the room again.

"She'll be fine Hunter... Amanda knows what she's doing..." Daniel added, stepping forward as well.

Hunter growled one last time, giving Alexa a fleeting look, before quickly exiting the room. A loud crash echoed through the room as Hunter punched the wall on his way out, creating a large crater in the plaster. He stomped down the hallway, anger filling his veins now that he was not as close to Alexa as he wanted to be.