Chapter Ten

Music for the fight scene, listen to it while Hunter kicks ass ;]

Before any of them could blink, Ivan had removed two heads from rogue bodies. The stench of blood filled the air almost immediately, and the other rogues quickly jumped to action. Hunter was fully aware of what was going on, but knew this fight could not be won if he was in control. He was however, incredibly useful at sensing impending attacks. Whilst Ivan was the one actually killing, Hunter could keep an eye out for approaching threats. They weren't sure how it worked exactly, but they never regretted this special talent of theirs.

"Left!" Hunter screamed at Ivan, who quickly jutted out his arm, feeling the familiar sensation of a snout and misaligned teeth. He didn't dare look at the rogue he'd caught, but instead quickly clenched his fist, feeling the crunching of bones before hearing the howl of pain from the unfortunate wolf. His legs tensed with the impending threat around them, and his claws flexed in anticipation. He snarled threateningly at the wolves in front of him, trying not to smirk when he saw two of them take a step back out of fear. The rogues had probably done their research before attacking the pack, but no one knew about Hunter and his wolf, so they were completely unprepared.

As he busied himself with throwing away the wolf to concentrate on the next threat, a loud scream from behind him caught his attention. A howl followed it, and Ivan knew Dominic had shifted, and so spun around to see what was going on, and felt his blood run cold at the sight that greeted him. Whilst he was dealing with the rogues directly in front of him, a few had snuck up on the house. Most of them were being dealt with by the pack, but one had managed to sneak past the distraction and was heading straight for Alexa.

Not every male wolf from the pack was available, as some of them were out on mate finding missions or on peace missions to surrounding packs. Hunter couldn't believe his father would leave them this unprotected, but he knew he couldn't dwell on it for long. Ivan felt his legs spring into action, and he bounded towards the house. It was something that would take a while for a normal human, but for an abnormally large and powerful wolf, he was at the porch to his house in barely three strides.

"You won't enter this house!" she shouted, both fear and anger lacing her words. At any other moment Hunter would have felt so proud, she was scared, that much was certain, but she still protected the rest of her pack even when faced with certain death. She would be a great luna. However, all Ivan could see was a rogue who dared to threaten the life of his mate. Both Hunter and Ivan put their all into the roar that erupted from his throat as he landed behind the rogue wolf. Alexa had tears in her eyes as she pressed herself up against the door of the house. Before the rogue had another chance to move closer to Alexa, Hunter had grabbed him by the scruff of the neck, and turned him so he could face him. The rogue started to growl, but stopped immediately when he saw the feral look in his attackers eyes. Hunter had been all but subdued in his own subconscious, whilst Ivan had completely submitted to his animal instincts. His mate was in danger, and the danger needed to be eliminated.

His eyes by now were completely white, a shocking colour that no other wolf had, and the rogue was completely terrified.Saliva dripped from his elongated fangs as he snarled angrily at the rogue, his lips curled over his teeth, revealing rows of three inch long canines.

"My... mate..." he managed to growl out, the animal within Hunter relenting for just a second to allow words to form, and then he lunged forward and tore through the rogues neck within seconds, chunks of wind pipe and fur flying through his teeth. He threw him off to the side, and howl victoriously into the air. Everyone else stopped fighting, and once the rogues saw what he'd done to their comrade, and that they were increasingly outnumbered, they were quick to scamper off, tails between their legs. Ivan turned his head, and growl once more, crouching to his knees and readying himself to go after the intruders.