Chapter Eleven

Alexa's eyes fluttered open as sunlight streamed across them, she peered around, trying to work out exactly where she was. There was a large, old fashioned window in front of her, surrounded by varnished wood, the varnish chipping away in small chunks. The drowsiness cleared slightly from her vision, and she yawned quietly, her mouth wide. Her movement stopped, when she felt something warm wrapped around her waist. Alexa's eyes quickly shifted downwards, and she was momentarily shocked, until a familiar smell reached her nostrils. A small smile pulled at her lips, a comfortable sensation spreading through her chest. Alexa turned to face the man lying behind her, and desperately held in the giggle that threatened to erupt from her throat.

Hunter was lying there, his arms wrapped tightly around hers, his mouth slightly open, with a thin line of spittle from his lips to the pillow underneath his head. Alexa raised her free hand to his lips, and ran her thumb along the drool, wiping it away from his face and the pillow. The sudden sensation of her soft fingers on his lips woke Hunter with a start. His eyes quickly met hers, and Alexa felt her heart speed up immediately. Her breath came out in quick pants, and as he moved his hand to reach her fingers, he clutched them tightly, bringing them to his lips, and kissing them softly.

"Good morning," she whispered. "How did you sleep?"

"The best I've ever slept..." he whispered back, his eyes briefly lowering to her mouth. Alexa couldn't quite work out why... but her lips were almost aching to kiss his. So in the end, she didn't spend too long dwelling on it, and instead, acted on it. Alexa slowly and softly started to kiss Hunter, not wanting to scare him off after just getting him to start opening up, but that idea went out the window the moment Hunter kissed her back.

His lips moved roughly against hers, making her gasp in pleasure, giving his tongue the chance to dart in and massage hers. Alexa moaned quietly, and Hunter almost seemed to purr in approval. He moved, so that he was lying on top of her, half of his body pressed against hers, one hand holding himself up and the other holding the back of her neck. Alexa's leg moved up slightly, and only when she felt it move against the sheet, did she realise she had nothing covering them. She quickly pulled away from Hunter, who growled in annoyance. She looked underneath the covers, and noticed that not only was she wearing only a tank top and her boxers, but Hunter was only wearing boxers. His thick muscles flexed and relaxed against her body, and she could feel her body fill with lust. Being in this state of undress with him was something she never thought would happen, and with anyone else she would be terrified how she ended up like this, but right now, with Hunter, all she could think about was that she was wearing too many clothes.

"Hunter..." she whimpered, feeling her body betray her attempt at staying cool and calm. She could feel her arousal pool between her legs, and knew when Hunter realised what was happening, when his eyes turned completely white, and his lips pulled back into a snarl.

"Mine..." he growled. Alexa's eyes widened fractionally, before she realised that Ivan was trying to take over again. He'd woken up, and was now desperately trying to enjoy what was happening in full, rather than taking a back seat. "Alexa... mine..."

"Hunter, come back to me Hunter..." she said, quietly, holding his face in her hands.

Hunter shook his head slightly, his hair falling around his face and covering his eyes from view. "I can't... I can't... he's better..."

Alexa gasped, "Who's better? Ivan?"

"Yes... he can talk to you... I can't..."

"Hunter I don't want to talk to Ivan! I want you! I'm your mate!" Alexa cried out, frantically trying to get him to realise she was telling the truth before she lost him to his wolf forever. She leant her forehead on his, and he opened his eyes and stared straight into hers. "Hunter... I love you, I always have done. I don't want anyone else but you."