"Take a seat," I offered, patting a spot on the bed. The boy didn't hesitate to sit by my feet. "Does he say anything else about me?"

He ran the comb through his coarse hair then crossed his arms as he thought. I took the time to analyse him. Aside from his thick, bushy hair and brown eyes, he was practically identical to Kayden. His yellow string vest and black tracksuit bottoms were adorable on him.

Finally, he spoke, "He said something like she's the one," he grunted, imitating Kayden's voice. I didn't have time to laugh at such a spot-on impression because I was too busy wondering why the hell he would think such a thing.

I stared blankly ahead, my heart thrumming. He couldn't be more wrong. I wasn't the one for him, and I never would be. We were friends—using the term very loosely—and I was no good for him. In fact, I could ruin him. Badly. I'd approached this situation completely wrong by allowing him to get so comfortable.

The last thing I wanted to do was reject him and upset him, but I may have to if this continued. I'd told him plenty of times what the deal was, but he never seemed to get the message, or maybe he thought it was all a game? Who knows?

"Are you his girlfriend?"

The question was like a sharp knife slicing through the palpable silence.

"No. Far from."

"But you're in his bed."

"We're just friends."

"Do you kiss?"

"We..." My mouth snapped shut. The fact that I couldn't say no just proved how messed up this situation was.

The door opened and Kayden stepped in with a towel wrapped firmly around his waist. His eyes were warm when they set on me but then hardened when he noticed the boy on his bed.

"Get out."

"But I'm talking to Rebecca."

"You're done talking. Who said you could come in here?" Before the boy could answer, Kayden looked at me again. "Did he wake you?"

"No, but–"

"She was saying your name in her sleep."

My eyes bugged and Kayden faltered. It only took two seconds for him to recover and he pushed his little brother's head. "Move. Now."

The boy sighed dramatically before turning to me. "Bye."

"Bye..."

He hopped off the bed and stuck his tongue out at Kayden as he left the room. Once the door closed, Kayden padded over to his drawers. "Did he bother you?" he asked, his back to me.

"Not really, no."

I watched his lean body as he pulled out a pair of boxers and a plain black tee. He walked over to his wardrobe and I caught a glimpse of the v-line that was barely covered by the towel hanging off his hips. I've never seen such an alluring sight before. Even when I used to watch Leon get changed, I wasn't stuck in a trance like this.

I tilted my head, studying Kayden's broad back. His skin glistened with droplets of water, and when he turned away from his wardrobe with a pair of jeans, I marvelled at his wet chest. I watched in awe as his body moved around the room, wishing the towel would just drop.

Kayden caught me staring and smirked. Thoughts of me palming his chest and running my hand down his stomach to the spot beneath the towel embarrassed me. I looked away as he dried himself with a separate towel.

"Your brother looks just like you," I mentioned, hoping to distract him from the fact that he'd caught me staring. "He's cute."

"Cute?" Kayden kissed his teeth, sitting by his desk with his tub of Cocoa butter. "He's a devil."