t r e i n t a i s i e t e

Start from the beginning

"Jimin!" I whip my head around to find Jennie running up to me and almost squeezing out my lungs. "You did so well! You will definitely win first place!"

"Oh... I don't know about that..." My shyness is exposed at the sudden compliment. "You could win too."

Her eyebrows scrunch up to the middle of her face, frowning at my comment. "We aren't even close to you guys! Please!" She pulls me to the side, an empty space on the bench. "So..." She leans in to whisper in my ear. "Are you dating that guy?" Her finger is pointed at Hoseok who is down by the waterfountain. He was drinking like a wild animal, half of the water dripping down his chin, onto the floor. Most people would find that attractive but I find it hilarious. "You two looked pretty cozy up there." Her eyebrow raises, giving off an older sister feel.

That was when I burst out laughing. "Hobi?" My eyes start watering, accompanied with laughter, as I thought about the older male. "Never in a million years." Her eyes travel to the water dripping from his chin, landing on his chest. "He's already in a serious relationship so..." Her gaze meets mine, slightly disappointed.

"That's fine." She tries to play it off like no big deal.

I chuckle. "Sure it is."

"They're going to announce the winners soon!" Jennie was shaking my shoulders while looking at the big screen in front of us. While in the back room, we could see the other performances on the tv, cheering for our classmates. "It's going to be you. I know it."

Hoseok was on the other side of me, holding my hand while remaining silent. Baekhyun cheers the last group and goes to the middle of the stage. "That's it for our show today, aren't you all sad?"

"Yes!" The audience yells.

"The important thing is that we showed our support for the talented young people of today. Make sure to come every year, ok?" His laughs a little but gets interrupted by a small woman with a mike, running up to the stage with an equally small envelope. "Ah, this is the winners for the talent show of the Bayshore academy for Girls in the year 2017!" Whistling could be heard amongst the cheers, my grip on Hoseok's hand unconsciously tightens. "And the winner is..." He pulls out the little white card, smiling at what was written on it. ".....Drum roll please."

"Oh come on!" Jennie was already anxious, making me chuckle. "I thought he was gonna say it!"

"Jennie, don't worry, I probably didn't get picked anyw-"

"JiHope!" My eyes widen as I was caught mid sentence. My first instinct was to pull Hobi in for another hug, yelling in his ear. Or was he yelling in mine? We were both yelling.

"Let's go!" My legs were shaking as I was led to the side of the stage, Baekhyun in view. "I'm so proud of you Jimin." He whispers in my ear, smiling before Baekhyun caught sight of us and waved us over.

"Come on guys! Accept your award!" We walk out in the view of the audience where they cheer us on, throwing even more flowers. Where did they get all these flowers from? The same small girl from before walks over with a trophy in hand, giving it to the spokesperson. "Ladies and gentlemen, this years winners, JiHope!" He hands me the metal trophy of a woman ballet dancer in Grand Jeté position.