Ten

This is the End

Police barge in to Michael's family's beach house. His mother called the police when he failed to show up for a very important family event. She knew Michael was spending some time away from the family but she knows he would never miss this event. She grew worried very quickly.

When the police saw that there was solid connection between Michael and their missing person, Calum, they knew they had to check for both Michael and the two adults who had been missing for four weeks in the house.

When no one answered the door at the house, they barged in. The team split up, two people checking each room in the building.

They find Michael first. The basement is checked for hostiles. No one else is down there but Michael.

They radio the station for backup. They have reason to believe that Calum and Faith are here.

Calum begins to freak out. He lifts the gun and holds it pointed at Faith. She sees the gun and knows the danger she is in but she does not even try to scream. She just wants to die at this point.

She is done with life.

The bedroom door bursts open and Calum begins shooting, hitting Faith several times.

The next ten minutes move in slow motion for everyone involved.

Faith lays on the bed, motionless, covered in her own blood. Her blood continues to pour out of her multiple bullet wounds.

Calum is tackled to the floor and put in handcuffs. The gun flies across the room. An officer pick the gun up and keeps it away from him.

"Call for paramedics! Shes been hit!" A cop kneels down to control Faith's bleeding.

An officer walks outside and calls Faith's dad to tell him the news about his daughter. Faith's father drops to his knees and bursts in to tears.

This is the end. The end of everyone's suffering. The end of her torture. The end of his pain.

But this is only the beginning of justice.

Faith has been shot once in the thigh, twice in the stomach, and once in her left shoulder. The bullet missed her heart by just a few inches.

She will be reunited with her father in just a matter of hours. She will undergo just over six hours of surgery to remove all of the bullets from her body.

Faith will live. She will suffer from severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and will have nightmares every night for the next few years.

Her father will never leave her side again. He will quit his job so that he can take care of her. She will fear being alone in her own house. She will never be a fully functioning member of society ever again.

This event will change her forever.

As for Calum, he will be arrested and put on trial for four counts of murder.

One for stabbing Christopher until he bled out to his death.

One for killing Mackenzie in the car crash.

One for slashing the neck of the woman whose car he stole.

One for beating his friend Michael to death in his basement.

He will also be tried for the kidnapping and horrible abuse of Faith.

Faith will be terrified to face him again but she knows she has to. Her father will tell her that the court is a safe place but she will still not feel comfortable seeing him.

Faith will testify against him. This will ignite a new anger inside him. He will want revenge against her.

Halfway though the nail-biting trial, his lawyer will be able to get him declared mentally unfit to stand a regular trial. He will no longer have the death penalty to worry about. A jury will no longer be able to convict him.

He will be filed as mentally insane and sent to a place where he will be medicated and treated.

Calum will live out the rest of his days in a prison designed to house the mentally insane.

That is, until he breaks out of his prison and is determined to find Faith and get the revenge he believes he deserves....

AN: unfortunately... this is the end of this story! I think I left you with a nice cliffhanger and opening to a possible sequel......!!!!!!!

*** EDIT 4/10/17 - I posted the sequel. It's called Torment! Go read it!!! ***

If you enjoyed this story, please check out my other stories like it...

Ominous & Psycho

Please don't forget to vote and comment!!! Let me know what you think!!

[Ended 2/27/17]