Three

On The Run

Calum snaps out of his fit of fury and sees his best friend leaned against the car, his head slumped forward against his chest and the rest of his body laying limp.

He quickly realizes what he has done and shakes his head in disbelief. He is shocked with himself. He did not know what he was doing before it was much too late.

Calum rushes around the car to Faith. He lifts her head and holds it to his chest.

They need to get out of here before the cops show up. Calum does not want to go to jail. He can not go to jail.

He lifts Faith by her arms and throws her over his shoulder.

Calum has to get her somewhere safe where she won't know what happened here tonight.

He runs away from the scene of the accident with her. He slows to a walk, realizing he can not run as easily with her extra weight on his shoulders and the injuries he has sustained this evening.

Faith's arms swing back and forth has he walks faster.

He wants to put as much distance between them and the accident as possible before the morning light comes.

It will be easier to find him in the daylight than it will be at night. He needs to use the cover of night to slip away silently. It is the only way.

Calum walks and walks, not sure of where he is going. He has no clue where he is going to stay hidden with Faith. Once she wakes up, she is going to have a lot of questions.

Calum walks with Faith over his shoulder for about a mile before he finds a street filled with houses. He thinks this is the perfect place to get a car.

A car would make it a lot easier for them to travel around and get away from the accident and the police who will be inevitably be investigating it.

He knows they will be looking for him.

Calum sees a woman unloading her groceries from her car. He wonders why she is doing this so late at night. He brushes the thought off and takes note of how this woman can help him. This is a huge advantage to him but he doesn't realize it yet.

Calum sets Faith down against a tree. And props her up so she is safe.

He has to get that woman's car.

Calum strokes Faith's face. "Oh, Faith." He smiles. "Sweet, sweet Faith. Everything will be okay. I promise. I have a plan to get us out of here."

Calum stands up and runs over to the house where the woman is making her third trip from her house to the car. He jogs up quietly behind her and calls out for her.

"Excuse me?" He shouts as he stands behind her. She turns around to see who is calling her. "My car broke down. Do you mind if I use your phone?" She sees Calum standing inches from her. He grabs her arm, slamming his knife in to her neck and sliding it to slit her throat open.

She briefly screams and falls to the ground, dead. Calum sees her as someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. She was a victim of bad timing. Calum needed her car and he knew she was never just going to hand it over to him. He had to do this in order to get what he needed from her without a struggle.

Now that she is dead, Calum will have to either hide or dispose her body. He can't have three murders on his hands now. He has to cover this up.

He grabs the woman from under her armpits and lifts her up on to the trunk. He gets the upper half of her body in and then lifts her legs and throws the rest of her inside. He grabs the trunk and sighs, looking down at her body laying the way he threw it.

He reaches in to her pockets and searches for her keys. He can't use the car if he can't find the keys. He grabs them and shoves them in his own pockets.

He slams the trunk closed and walks around to the drivers seat.

Calum drives up the road to where he left Faith. He exits the car and lifts her over his shoulder again, effortlessly.

Now he just needs to get her inside the car and they can all be on their way.

An: I hope you are enjoying this! don't forget to vote and comment! Let me know what you think!