Six

Betrayal

Faith comes out of the bathroom fully dressed in what she believes are spare clothes.

What she does not know is hat she is wearing Michael's sister's clothes she leaves here for whenever she decides to make a day trip.

She walks down the stairs and joins Calum on the couch. He is leaning on the back of the couch with his legs propped up on the table in front of him.

"Calum?" Faith asks as she sits a cushion away from him on the couch.

"Yeah?" He asks, sitting up and facing her.

He scoots closer to her. He wants to be touching her.

"Are we safe here?" She asks, staring directly in to his eyes.

Calum nods. "Of course we are, Faith. No one will find us here. It's just you and me." Calum assures her.

He is right when he says no one will find them here. This is not a popular beach to live on and him and Michael have not spoken in quite some time. No one will be able to trace him back to this house. It would be impossible.

"That's kind of what I'm worried about." Faith admits as she moves further from him on the couch. She is uncomfortable with how close he is sitting to her.

"Well, what does that mean?" Calum asks, taking a personal offense by her comment. He is worried that she knows he has done something terrible. He is terrified she won't love him now.

After everything he has done for her, he is surprised she doesn't appreciate him more.

"Well, if Chris and Mackenzie are hurt, shouldn't we be at the police station getting help?" She asks, suggesting that the station is where they need to be right now.

Calum sighs. "They are dead, Faith. There's nothing we can do to get them help now. And I didn't want you to end up like them so I got us out of there."

"Yeah, but it's morning now. And I don't think that guy followed us here. We can take the car out front and get help." Faith suggests. She really just wants to go home. "It won't even take long."

"It sure sounds like you are just trying to get away from me, Faith. Don't you like being here with me? We have the beach right outside and a fridge full of food. It's perfect here. Not to mention how this is like a date." Calum grows angrier with Faith the more she tries to leave him.

He is going to snap.

"I-it's not that. I'm just really scared and I want to go home now. My dad will know what to do. He's a cop." Faith tries to get out of this situation.

She knows he is out there looking for her.

Something about all this just doesn't seem right to Faith. She thinks Calum is acting weird, especially because he refuses to get help when they clearly need it. She wants to know what really happened last night.

She needs to get out of here and get to help herself. She saw the keys on the counter as she was coming down the stairs.

Calum is getting anxious. He knows Faith is on to his plan and he doesn't know how to get her mind off leaving.

Being nice obviously isn't working...

"Faith. We aren't leaving. Not until I say we are." He stands up. "Watch some TV or something and maybe we will talk about this tomorrow." He tosses the remote at her and leaves the room.

Calum walks to the basement door. He has to check on Michael.

He walks down the stairs and smiles as he sees that Michael is awake. "Good morning, bud." He says as he checks the duct tape around his hands and legs.

Michael tries to talk but the duct tap covering his mouth makes it inaudible.

He is trying to make a deal with Calum.

Calum shakes his head. "Can't hear you, buddy." He laughs as he kicks Michael in the ribs.

Michael feels like he has been betrayed by Calum. He really thought they were friends.

AN: don't forget to vote and comment!!! Let me know what you think!!