One

Double Date

Calum turns the car in to the dirt parking lot and rolls his eyes.

'He couldn't have picked a place that had a finished lot?' He thinks to himself. 'He just had to pick this place and risk ruining my brand new car?'

Asswipe

He looks in his rear view mirror and sees Faith falling all over Christopher.

Calum is disgusted.

She is supposed to be doing that to him.

"Uh, thanks for driving us." Mackenzie thanks him from the passenger seat.

"Yeah." He replies quietly as he watches the girl of his dreams with someone else.

He is stuck on this stupid double date and not even with he girl he wants to be with.

Calum really thought Christopher was his friend. Chris knows how much Calum likes Faith and he made moves on her anyways.

He thought setting Calum up with his sister would make up for stealing Faith from him.

He is wrong.

Nothing will make Calum any less mad at Christopher than he is right now. He betrayed Calum.

He parks the car and walks around to open his date's door for her

They are both stuck bearing with this date, Calum figures he will be a gentleman even though he couldn't care about Mackenzie at all.

Calum watches as Christopher gets out of the car and leaves Faith in the car.

After Mackenzie gets out, Calum opens Faith's door for her.

She gets out and runs to catch up with her date without bothering to glance in Calum's direction.

Calum balls his fists together in rage. He can feel his fingernails pierce the skin of his palms.

Calum hopes the late night light will hide his disappointment with how today has gone so far.

      He and Faith met a little over six years ago. They were both in high school at the time. It was the night of their Senior Prom.

She ran to the bathroom crying after she saw her date making out with another person on the dance floor.

Calum waited outside the bathroom for over an hour. He wanted to make sure she was okay.

Calum didn't know at the time how much of an affect she would have on his life that night. He waited until she came out.

He handed her a glass of punch and she sat down next to him.

They talked for about ten minutes before a new boy came and asked her to dance. She accepted and that was the last time he saw her that night.

Calum forgot all about her until she moved a few houses down from him. He came over to greet his new neighbors and when the locked eyes, he remembered that night instantly.

She however, didn't remember a thing.  

Calum went the next four and a half years in agonizing pain as he waited for her to remember who he was.

She never did.

An: don't forget to vote and comment! Let me know what you think!

[Posted: 2/7/17]