Chapter 9: Plan in Motion

The Dragon Hunters scattered everywhere on every island they could get their hands on some dragons. Meanwhile the hooded man kept the conversation with Ryker going.

???: When do I get my part of the deal?

Ryker: When your plan actually works!

???: Ryker Grimborn that was not part of the-

Ryker: Well what did you expect? Yak legs and milk? You don't get anything until y-

The hooded man took out a long sword from his sleeve. It was coated in sharp dragon teeth.

???: As I said...That was not part of the deal.

Ryker took out his sword. The hooded man sighed.

???: Do you honestly believe that you can beat me in the condition that you are now?

Ryker: Why don't you make the first move and find out?

???: Hmmm...First move you say...Alright.

The hooded man took back his sword and turned his back on Ryker.

???: My first move will be going straight to the dragonriders and ruining our plan by telling them exactly what to do so they can defeat you once again and have you laying in the ground just like your brother. How's that for a first move Ryker?

Ryker: If you do that I'll-

???: Do nothing!!!!!!! I am the one who has power over you Ryker!!!!!!! All of this is all because of me, I am the one who saved you from being destroyed by the Submaripper!!!!!!! You have nothing while I am the one in complete control!!!!!!!

Ryker: Grrrrrrrrrrr....

???: Growl all you want you pathetic fool. It won't help. Remember it was I who saw potential in you and your brother when we first met. Drago Bloodfist only wants the best in his army and you already failed him once. Remember that the next time you try to bite the hand that feeds you...

Ryker: Drago Bloodfist?

???: Oh have you not heard of the name? Get used to it. He is the one who ordered the scar on your face.

Ryker clenched his fist and grabbed the end of his sword with his other hand.

???: Must you resort to violence every time Ryker?

The hooded man took the sword away from Ryker.

???: I'll give this sword to Drago Bloodfist. I'll tell him to consider it as an apology for your utter lack of mind and for your failure of the defeat of the Dragon Riders.

Ryker: Exactly why do I have to take orders from Drago? If he's as great of a man as you say he is why does he stay in the shadows?

???: I never said that he was a great man. I simply meant he is a very powerful man who always gets his way and becomes incredibly dangerous when he doesn't get his way.

The hooded man turned to Ryker.

???: As for the other question that will remain unanswered. You do not dare to question where Drago is. It is Drago who questions where you are.

Ryker: Is that so?

???: Indeed. Now as for my end of the deal you've told me you knew where my children were as well as a payment of a bag of pure silver and gold. Now pay up or suffer the wrath of Drago.

Ryker turned and walked away from the hooded man into a tent to get the bag of silver and gold. He returned shortly after with a fairly large bag and tossed it to the hooded man. He opened it to find 5 pure gold and 10 pure silver bars. He smiled as he took the bag gladly.

???: And my children?

Ryker: That will have to wait.

???: Fair enough...you paid half of your deal...

Ryker: Now if we've stopped arguing like cave men, we a plan to get started on...

???: Agreed.

The two men walked away from the tent and made their way to the ship to stock up on the supplies they needed to take action on Project Capture the Damsel.

To Be Continued...