The Tracks (Long)

Start bij het begin

Standing next to a black race car we stood in silence for a minute before I got the courage and said, “Is that how you got that bruise from the other day?”

Harry looked down at me with the look of bewilderment on his face.

“I saw it the night of the trip when you stretched.” I said slightly embarrassed.

Harry stares at me for a minute as he says, “So you did see something you liked?”

I rolled my eyes as I looked away from him, “No.”

Harry laughs as he says, “Keep lying to yourself and you might just start believing your lies.”

“I’m not lying.”

He smirks, “Sure you’re not.”

Looking over my shoulder he looks over at the track as he loses himself in thought as I looked up to the sky. The moon was full tonight and I admire the color’s that swirled around in the sky. Closing my eyes I mentally made a sketch in my head of how I would draw this if I had a canvas in front of me. I was lost in thought for a moment when I hear,

“Pebbles.”

Opening my eyes I turned to look at him as he says, “You okay?”

I nod.

He watches me for a moment and looked like he was about to say something, but stopped as he hears, “Yo Haz!”

Turning around I spotted Niall and Liam walking towards us.

“Bought time you got here.” Says Niall as he walks up and bumps fist with Harry.

“Yeah sorry I had to get something.” Says Harry.

“Something or someone?” says Liam as he looks down at me, “Pollyanna.”

“Leo.” I said.

Liam smiled as he says, “Two can play that game?”

I shrugged, “It’s only fair right? You get my name wrong I get yours wrong.”

Liam smiled as he looks at Harry, “You know he is going to get pissed.”

“He won’t know.” Says Harry.

Niall and Liam shrugged as he says, “Jeff wants you riding tonight.”

“I’m off.” Says Harry.

“He knows, but it’s a 2kcut if you do.”

Harry sighed as he runs a hand through his hair and looks at me, “Do you mind?”

I shook my head, “Have fun.”

Harry scuffed, “Yeah it’s going to be fun alright.”

“Come on I’ll get you set up.” Says Liam.

Harry nods as he yells, “Greg!”

Ahead some guy with Blond hair turned around and made his way to us. Stopping in front of us he says, “What’s up?”

“Keep an eye on Pebbles for me.”

I looked at Harry, “I don’t need a baby sitter.”

“I know, just humor me for a second.” He says.

I crossed my arms as Greg says, “No problem.”

The boys nod as Harry says, “Let me finish this and I’ll take you back.”

I nod as he turns and walks off but stops.

Turning back towards me he takes off his beanie and pulls it over my head as he pulls it down over my ears, “So your ears don’t get cold.” Was what he said before he stepped back.