Girl's Night

Sorry it's a bit short. It's been a rough weekend for me haha. There may be a part 2 of this chapter sometime this week to make up for the crappy past two chapters you've gotten! Enjoy!

"Bye Dad!" I shout as I rush out of the house to go meet up with Xan and Chloe.

We'd had a good day together. We avoided talking about schooling, and just joked around. He even asked to see some of my pictures, and it was really nice to show him my work. My dad had his good days and his bad days when it comes to my plans for the future. Today was definitely a good day though. My dad really isn't that bad. He's actually really great, and I'm really happy that I have him around.

I hop in my car and send a quick text to let the girls know that I was just leaving. I was running a bit late. I'm usually only on time when it comes to my sessions. Otherwise I'm always late, and it's something the girls always give me grief for it. I start the car and silently sing hallelujah when it starts with no problem. I put the car in reverse and back out of the garage and then head to where we're going to meet up. We always meet up at Target. We aren't sure why, but it's something that we have always done. We also like to try and drive together when we go places. It used to be because we just liked to rock out to music together, which is still part of it, but almost a year ago, Chloe got hit by a truck and almost died. We don't really like her driving alone too much anymore.

As I drive I can hear my phone buzzing. It's most likely Xan and Chloe texting me to hurry up and I increase my speed slightly. I'm almost there though. Once I get to the top of this hill, Target will be like thirty seconds away. I clear the hill and coast down it until I need to get in the turning lane so I can get into the parking lot. I flip on my signal and switch lanes and then turn into the parking lot. I can see Xan and Chloe's cars parked in the back of the lot and I turn the car in that direction. I pull into a spot next to Xan's car. Usually Xan drives because she's probably the best driver in the group, and they also don't trust my car which is understandable. I put the car in park and turn it off, rushing to get into Xan's car.

"Top up or down?" Xan asks.

I smile for a second, "Obviously down who do you think we are?"

Xan has a convertible, and we try to have it down as much as we possibly can. Last year we had the top down and it was about 40 degrees out. Totally freezing, but completely worth it. I open the back door and sit in the seat behind Chloe. We chat aimlessly as the top goes down.

"Alright, to the mall we go!" Xan cheers.

We let Chloe be in charge of the aux cord as we drive. We sing along as we drive, laughing and having fun.

"Wait guys, I know what song we need to listen to!" Chloe yells over the wind.

The music stops for a moment as she pauses it and finds whatever song she wants to play. I laugh when I hear the song. One of our favorite songs to sing to together is Wannabe by the Spice Girls. It's one of the songs I get really into.

I sing and dance along as well as I'm able to with the seatbelt on. We always get weird looks, which would usually make me get really embarrassed and then stop, but when I'm with them I don't get as embarrassed. I'm so into the song I don't really realize we've stopped at a traffic light. I keep screaming along and dancing to the song, and I laugh as I can hear and see Xan and Chloe laughing and taking a video of me. I flip my hair back and forth to the song and catch sight of the car next to us and stop dead in my tracks.

It's him. My heartbeat stops for a moment before sky rocketing.

"Holly what's wrong?" Chloe laughs.

When I don't answer, she follows my gaze to the car next to us.

"Oh crap. Xan drive. Go now" Chloe urges.