t r e i n t a i c i n c o

Start from the beginning

"Fine. I'll take it." Mr. Choi snatches out the bag from his hand and kisses him on the cheek, shooing him out of the room. "Now go! I have work to do!" Mr. Im laughs and allows himself to be pushed but once at the door, he turns around and pulls our teacher's wrist out of the classroom. Mr. Choi comes in, 10 seconds later with red cheeks and bruised lips. Oh Mr. Choi... The class murmured while Mr. Choi made his way to the podium, tapping the top again. "Class! Let's finally get started!" We laugh, getting into position. His arms are in the air, about to swing when another knock could be heard. "Go away! I'll deal with you later!"

"Excuse me Mr. Choi?" Principal Kim walks through the door, arms behind his back. Mr. Choi's eyes widen, hands falling down to his side.

"Oh I'm so sorry Principal Kim, I thought you were... someone else."

"I wonder who that could be..." His deep voice travels to the far corners of the room, resonating through our bodies. "I came here to wish my favorite chorus class good luck in tonight's show! I hope everyone sings accordingly, no flat notes and what not." Principal Kim twirls his finger in the air to emphasize, Mr. Choi holds back his laughter in the background since it's obvious he has no idea what he's talking about. "There will be upmost perfection because I am bringing a guest tonight and they need to enjoy their time there."

The class gasps and murmurs, questioning who it could be. "I bet your date is very pretty Principal Kim to be going with you."

He chuckles, his dimples showing from how wide his smile is. "Yes Jisoo, he is." Some girls groan that our principal is gay but most of them assure him that we will sing to the best of our abilities. He smiles, waving as he leaves the classroom.

"Now we will start." Mr. Choi raises his arms in the air for the third time and with no interruptions, we practice.

The lunch bell rings and I decide I want to take a break from my guy friends. I don't think I could handle them today. Jennie was about to leave when I grab her wrist to keep her here. "Jennie, hold on." She turns and smiles, holding on to her bookbag straps. "Do you wanna hang out today for lunch? We could-"

"Actually Jimin, I have a lot to do today." Confusion spread and she notices, continuing. "Well, you know how I've been more tired than usual these days?" I nod. "I... think I might be in the talent show." She bites her lip, afraid of my reaction.

"What?"

"I know! I know! I said I would support you and I hope that you win, I really do but I wanted to try-"

"Jennie!" I laugh, holding her shoulders. "It's totally fine! I'm sure you'll win." Inside, I knew we would never be this friendly again, she will hate me after tonight. "We'll see each other up there and cheer for each other."

She holds up her pinkie in front of my face. "Promise?" I link my pinkie with hers.

"Promise." She giggles, pulling back her hand.

"I'm doing a dance too."

"Oh really?" I knew it. She's so good.

"Yup. But my partners..." Worry ignites in her eyes, her cautious thoughts flash before her. "You know them."

"...Who?" Now I'm getting worried.

"ChaeyoungandJisooandLisa." What? "I know they always give you a hard time but they're totally cool now! They don't attend Madam Jae's class but they can dance because we used to go to an out-of-school studio." She looks scared that I'll get mad but I have no reason to be. Her and her friends made up, that's all that matters.