Part 2- Timeless

A/N: Hey guys, just wanted to explain the whole setup here. Couldn't decide if I wanted a separate story, or a continuation of this one, so I did both! I will be posting chapters here, but they will also be going up under the official story- I highly recommend reading them there, cuz you can see the awesome cover and stuff. Anyways, without further edue, here is the first chapter of TIMELESS!!

*2 Months Later*

I watch carefully as Four shows us how to run the computer for the initiate fear simulations. Us being Shauna and I. It seems like forever ago since we finished our own initiation, but its only been a few months. We both took jobs as trainers, working with the computers during the off season. Zeke took a position in leadership, one that they offered me first. But I didn't want it. Not if I might have to work with my mother. I prefer to stay here, in the compound, making sure I can keep these initiates safe. Especially the ones who are like me. The Divergent. I will owe Four a debt for the rest of my life. It's the least I can do to pass that on to the next wave of Dauntless, which will include Zeke's brother, and Shauna's sister for that matter. Sometimes I feel lonely, having to family to visit. But my friends are my family now.

That doesn't mean all of my problems are over. I have the huge responsibility of team-teaching with Tobias- to train the initiates. To keep them safe. To watch out for physcos like Tyson. Who is still out there. And refuses to leave my mind. I keep trying, trying to push him away. But he refuses to budge, his last words to me ringing in my ears "I will find you. Even if it kills me." But I ignore it, and get on with my life. I can't let that way me down forever. But I've sworn to never let another initiate die like Alex did.

The reports released by my mother are growing increasingly hostile. The Abnegation are being shunned. And I can do nothing but watch in horror. I'm not sure what she's planning, but it's something big; something that could change the way life is here. I'm not ready to see what it is just yet.

I am however, looking forward to scaring these kids half out of their minds. At first anyways. I can see why they do it- so when you actually start, it doesn't seem so bad. Then I become their mentor. Hopefully I will be a good one. The other initiates have taken jobs too. Sara is the assistant manager in the weapons department. Chase is guarding the gates, along with most of the others. It is our faction's main job, after all. But I love what I do already. The computers satisfy my Erudite side, and the training takes care of the Dauntless. It's perfect, really. And I get to work with my best friend. Four, however, can be challenging. But it's endearing in a way. We are all getting closer. I don't mind one bit.

"And that is how you manually change scores." Four finishes. I blink, suddenly brought back to reality. I missed most of that, but it can't be too hard, right? None of this information is incredibly complicated, not for a mind like mine. It is, however, a lot to take in. Shauna is keeping up, but barely. It's like school all over again- I basically teach everyone else as soon as I've learned the material myself. Even I have to struggle with this occasionally. Programming is difficult, and that's what we do in the off season. But it keeps me busy.

Shauna, Zeke, and I often visit the shooting range after work. It's different, having to be an adult. I don't mind so much, but some people refuse to grow up around here. Those are the ones that fight each other for our entertainment. Spencer, one of the Dauntless born, does that. I never really watch the fights. It's just a bit much sometimes, after my experiences. But I do love shooting. After we got jobs, we took it up as a habit. Almost every day, if not more. It keeps me fit, and strong. Something I need around here. Especially if I have a crazy killer on my tail. I still get the same rush of power that I did the first time I shot a gun. I'm pretty accurate now, better than most. But Shauna is incredible. I've seen her hit the bulls eye with her eyes closed.

'Bang!Bang!Bang!' I empty a clip into the target. Zeke grins at me, almost a bit slyly. "You're hot when you shoot." I blush a bit. He's been more forward like this lately. "It's just because you're Dauntless. Her being all tough turns you on." Shauna says with a smirk. I turn bright red now, and look to the side, not sure if I should laugh or leave the room. "Shauna!" I whisper yell, slapping her arm. This was getting past the line. I glance up, and Zeke is blushing too. I smile slightly. At least I'm not the only one. Then we both burst out laughing, unable to control it anymore. When I finally stop, my sides hurt, and I'm not even sure what was so funny in the first place. Zeke sighs and shoots his target again. "You know, I bet Cal wouldn't be able to shoot a bottle off your head Zeke." Shauna taunts, a mischievous look in her eyes. I raise an eyebrow "You are so on." Zeke throws his hands up suddenly "Whoa whoa whoa. You trust her with a gun?" he says, pointing at me. Shauna laughs. "Yes, if you're not too sissy to." His eyes narrow, and grinning slightly, he grabs a glass bottle off the table, and walks to the target, balancing it on his head carefully. "Ok!" he yells, and I pick up one of the guns loaded with plastic pellets, the ones meant for this kind of thing. Just so I don't accidently kill my boyfriend. That would be bad. "Don't fall over!" I yell as he sways slightly. I swallow, raising the gun. I could give him a pretty bad welt if I missed. And if I hit his eye? Not good. I take a breath in, then out, shuddering inside. Then I tell myself to stop. You can do this. I blink once, and fire.

Relief floods me as the glass shatters and water spills over his shoulders. I try not to imagine it as blood. Shauna claps "I guess you win!" Zeke jogs back over, grinning. But then I see that the broken glass has left a shallow but long cut on his cheek. "Oh my god, are you ok?" I say, worry taking over. I hurry towards him, hoping it's not too bad. He shrugs "I'm fine." My eyes widen "No you are not! You're bleeding." I run my hands through my hair "This is my fault. Why didn't we use a plastic bottle?" Shauna sighs "Calm down Cal. It's not that bad." I take a breath, telling myself to stop freaking out. I over-react sometimes. A lot when Zeke is involved. But I hurt him! That is probably my worst fear. I can't stop myself from starting to pace a bit, as Zeke and Shauna watch me a little incredulously. To them, I must seem like such a goody-two shoes. Nothing even really happened, its just... I blame myself really easily. "Cal, really, I'm fine." Zeke says, touching my shoulder, and stopping my pacing. I sigh "I hurt you. That's not fine!" He chuckles a bit "You could never hurt me." Things go quiet for a moment, and I stare straight into his eyes, suddenly completely absorbed with him. "Are you sure?" I say softly. "Positive." He responds with a slight smile, pushing my hair out of my face gently. I blink, and wipe off the trickle of blood that is making its way down his cheek. He touches my hand "Stop." He whispers, and the tension is almost unbearable. I kiss him, wrapping my arms around his neck. He's still wet from that stupid water bottle. But I don't care. I'm kissing him, and he's kissing me. That's all that matters. His lips, his touch, his smell. Him.

A/N: Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed, slap dat vote button, and stay Dauntless:)