32

Jimin ran back to his home, he took short cuts he'd learn all thanks to Taehyung. As the frigid wind hit his face he couldn't help but let his thoughts be invaded with the events from not too long ago.

Yoongi had bitten him, actually bitten him. He couldn't get the image of his teeth sinking into his skin for that second that it lasted. He looked an animal about to devour it's pray, it's innocent little pray. He hated to admit it but it scared him so much he shivered whenever the image came to mind. That image was stuck in his head forever, he knew that.

Jimin slowed down once he'd arrived on his street, none of the lights were on in his house yet, it mustn't be time for them to awaken then. He self praised for being there before the wake up call as he headed for the back door of his home.

"Honey do you think we were too harsh?"

Jimin's eyes widened and he lowered himself completely. His knees folded below him as he crouched beneath the window of his parent's window. He looked around and silently cursed himself for choosing the wrong side of the house to go around.

"No. Jihyun should have been paying attention to the game not whatever he was day dreaming about, it's cost his team a win. This is to teach him the consequences of forgetting he's got a team counting for him." His father said in his usual stern voice. Although he'd probably just awoken he sounded as sharp as ever.

Jimin slowly started doing what his physical education teacher addressed as the 'duck walk' until he heard his name. He froze and leaned against the side of the house, he didn't care he was probably dirtying himself. He probably smelled of booze and smoke anyway, one stain wouldn't matter since he'd be disposing of the clothes.

"Jimin said he was just waking up, he didn't mean it. Perhaps we were too harsh with his punishment, I mean these are his first ever friends. When else will he ever make friends? It would be unfair to deprive him of the only ones he might ever make. It's a miracle he's opened up to anyone, you know how hard that's always been for him."

Jimin listened to closely to his mother, she sounded sympathetic as if she were really feeling regret at their treatment towards their eldest son. His father let out a bitter chuckle.

"Those friends are not worth his time. He comes home late sometimes claiming he stayed later with his math teacher. Are we even sure he's been going to after school tutoring with the man? I think not."

His mother gasped. "Dae do not say that! Jimin would never lie to us, that is not how we raised him!"

Jimin listened to him mother rant on about her 'excellent' parenting skills. His attention was drawn away from her when a crunch of leaves, it had not come from beneath him. He turned his head to find Jihyun hunched over, they both froze in place.

Jimin lifted his index finger to his lips. His eyes were wide staring at the top of his brother's head, he was no longer the brunette he'd seen just last night. His hair was blonde. Jihyun slowly turned around and Jimin followed. They crouched their way to the front of the house, there they took off to the opposite side of the house.

"What do you think you're doing!?" Jimin whispered harshly to his brother. He couldn't raise his voice just yet, his parent's window were still open and with his mother's perfect hearing they'd be caught that very second.

"Me?!" Jihyun slammed his finger into his brother's chest. "What are you doing?!"

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "I asked first! And what's with your hair?!" He picked at the strand on the boy's hair. Jihyun slapped his hand away, he looked up at the sky.

"It's almost time for them to wake us, we have to get in. We can't through the back." He said, panic clearly rising in his chest. Jimin bit down on his bottom lip, his brother was right. There was no way they'd be able sneak in through the back door with them awake, it'd be impossible.

"I'll just go through the front door, I was suppose to be out running anyway." Jihyun piped up all the sudden. Jimin watched as he pushed his hair back, put up his hood and began walking away from him.

"They said you had to run all night?"

Jihyun didn't answer, he turned the corner and disappeared from Jimin's vision. He sighed and looked around for a way in. He couldn't use the same excuse, his mother would know he was lying. She would properly leap out of bed the second she heard the door and he couldn't have her see him in dirty cloth and smelling like smoke and alcohol.

"That is only if she sees me..." Jimin muttered before running to the porch, where his brother had slugged to not too long ago. He called out for him in a loud whisper but it was to late. He crouched down at the sound of the door opening. Jihyun rid himself of his footwear with a sigh.

Jimin decided now was the time to slip past him to the stairs which happened to be right by the entrance. And so he ran as quickly as he could, his brother already entered the house. He was about to slip in when he notice him about to close the door but he stopped. He leaned his body on the wall besides the door.

"Hyunnie!" His mother screeched. He balled his hand into a fist as he heard his mother coo to his brother. As slowly as he could he sneaked a peak. Jihyun was taken into her embrace, he faced him. They made eye contact.

Jimin kept his eye on his brother as he put one foot into the house. He put the second one in, both were still on the mat. He moved slowly towards the stairs, his mother's back was still to him. He held up his hand to Jihyun who continued to follow him with his eyes.

He stepped on the first step and put down his thumb.

He stepped on the second step and put down index finger.

He stepped on the third step and put down his middle finger.

Now he was on a flat surface. He turned his body to face the rest of the stairs. Jihyun eyes widened as his mother pulled away from him.

'Sneeze' Jimin mouthed to him.

Jihyun held on to his mother's shoulder, his head still on her. She asked if all was well but fright was clear in the young boy's eyes.

Jimin took a step forward, he put down his ring finger.

Jihyun's eyes became wider, his mother pried him off him.

Jimn put down his last finger.

"ACHOO!"

Jimin dashed up half the stairs.

"Oh honey! Have you caught a cold?!" His mother asked. Jimin panted as he lied his back against the wall. He started climbing up the rest of the stairs slowly. He could hear Jihyun stalling his mother who claimed it was time to wake his older brother.

Jimin reached the top of the stairs and started moving towards the last room on the floor, his room. He'd never been so happy to have touched the door knob on his door.

He sighed in relieve, his breath hitched halfway at the click of a door.

~'~'~'

Hope you enjoyed!

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}