28

"So you lost?"

Jimin stared down at his plate, too scared to look up. His father was speaking which meant all in the room had stopped, including his breathing.

"Because you were too busy day dreaming on the field? Is that correct Park Jihyun?"

The youngest's gulp could be heard clearly throughout the room. The sound of his mother placing her fork down and interlocking her fingers was also heard. Jimin raise his gaze to the boy across from him.

"I asked you a question Park Jihyun. Do you plan on leave me waiting?"

"N-No sir." Jihyun's voice trembled. He was scared, terrified of the wrath waiting to unravel. "I was not day dreaming-"

"Liar!" Their father's fist slammed down on the table. The utensils jumped and the liquid in the glasses swirled. "You think I'm stupid Jihyun? You think your mother is a liar like you?"

"I filmed the end of the game Jihyun." Their mother spoke up. "I thought I was recording the winning goal but instead I captured a moment of embarrassment!"

She slammed her palm down on the table.

"Jimin go to the living room. We'll call you in when it's time for your punishment."

Jimin looked at him mother dumbfounded. "What?" he whispered.

"You think I forgot you talked back to me and did not want to come to the game? Now go."

"Yes Eomma. Excuse me Appa." Jimin rose from his seat. He looked at his brother briefly before quietly leaving the room. He was forced to shut the door close despite it always being left open. He sat down on the large sofa, his eyes scanned the room until they landed on a small box.

The camera.

Jimin looked around to make sure he was safe to peek. He reached for the box and pulled out the camera. He scrolled past the pictures of Jihyun with his team, those were after the game. He stopped at the first video that showed up.

"Say hi Jiminie! Appa will see this!" His mother's voice was cheerful as the camera pointed at him. In the video Jimin looked at the camera, his phone in his hand. " I wasn't paying attention..." he came to realization, no wonder he couldn't remember his brother day dreaming. He had been texting Taehyung.

He reversed the the video back to where he'd left off before he drifted off. "Go Hyunnie! Hit that ball!" Jihyun wasn't even facing the direction of the ball. His gaze was elsewhere, on someone.

"The little raven haired boy." Jimin muttered. The small boy wasn't in the frame but Jimin recalled the boy being in that direction at that time. He shut the camera off and put in back in the box. He sat up straight and blanked his expression when he heard the door open.

"Jimin come in."

Jimin rose from his spot. He passed his puffy eyed brother and sat on the chair his father pointed to. He stared down to the wooden table hoping that his racing heart couldn't be heard pounding against his rib cage.

"Why did you talk back to your mother?"

"I did not mean to. I had just woken up-"

"Why were you up so late? If you hadn't waken when your mother called you then maybe your head would have have been in the right place!" His father's voice raised slowly as he progressed speaking. "I don't know what the hell's been going on with you Park Jimin."

"Probably those new friend of his." His mother spoke up. She had her arms crossed and a straight face while she stared down at her son. "I forgive the back talking but you're still going to be punished."