The CEO's Bad Boy {5}

Start from the beginning

She scowled. "If you're going to be an emotionless robot, then I have to feel twice as much for the both of us."

"That's not how being a twin works."

She made a noise, Sebastian copied it, mocking her. The two kept going back and forth, until Sebastain took a deep breath and hissed, holding his side.

"Are you okay?" Erza asked, eyes wide. Sebastian nodded.

"I've been worse," he reminded her. "Remember, Paris '17."

"Yeah, whatever. And you know we don't talk about Paris '17."

The ambulance came to a stop, the doors flew open as Ash was gently lowered to the floor and was wheeled in. Stepping out, Sebastian saw Midget being wheeled in. Lanky had woken up and was standing to the side with Cecilia, both of them crying. Erza smiled a little, as she walked over to them, giving them a hug.

"It's going to be fine," she said, her voice low. "Don't worry, they'll both be fine."

Sebastian walked over.

Lanky rubbed his eyes as he opened them. "Who are you?"

"I'm Erza. Sebastian's sister, and Ash's friend."

"We've never met you or even heard about you."

"Yeah, that's because I met him a few hours ago."

"Please, can you three come into this room so we can make sure you're okay," a nurse said as she walked over to the group. She gave them a small smile as she placed her hand on the back of Cecilia and ushered them inside.

They were ushered into a small room, Kid and Midget had both been hooked up to machines. Cecilia paused as she looked over at Sebastian, a smile on her face. "Thank you, Mr Tomas, for all the help."

"It's no problem," he replied, a smile on his face. Between me and you, it wasn't genuine. It had been years since anyone saw Sebastain with a genuine smile on his face.

Sebastian walked over to Ash. They had taken the bandages off of his torso, it was looking somewhat better, but there would definitely be scars. Sebastian frowned when he noticed a scar. It was faint, and seemed to be more difficult to read because of his pale skin. It was on his right side, on his ribcage. Sebastian had to squint his eyes to read the text.

TBKTLF.

Sebatsina's eyes widened in horror.

"Cecilia," he said, walking over to him. "Who was that man?"

Erza hit her brother on the arm. "You don't just ask that, idiot."

"No, it's okay," she said, a small smile on her face. "He's my husband, well ex-husband. His name is Marcus."

"Then why did he shoot you all?" Sebastin asked. Erza winced beside him. He had no sense of a topic being sensitive.

"Uh, long story," she said, not making eye contact.

"We've got time," he said.

Cecilia's eyes widened slightly, as she gathered herself.

"Well, let's see it was when I was pregnant with Ash." She smiled at the memory. "I had told Marcus that I was pregnant and he hated the idea of me being pregnant as he was in a gang."

"The gang was small then but still a gang. He said that he didn't want a kid, that he would just drag him down. He said I had to abort him but I didn't want to, that was my child. He hated it, so he left, walked out on us. I was fine with it. My own father had left my mother, and she had done a good job of raising me by herself, so I could too. Except, he returned when he was nine."

"Cecilia, you don't have to continue if you don't want to," Erza said slowly, eyeing her.

"No, it's okay," she said, forcing a smile and inhaling before continuing. "You got dragged into this mess, I should at least explain."

Erza nodded.

"He came back when Ash was nine. However, the first time he came back Ash was four. He began to come back regularly so I had told Ash to not show fear around him, he liked it when Ash was scared of him. But when he came back when Ash was nine and what he did to those three boys and how I just sat there watching them I hated myself for it."

"I knew that Ash blamed himself for it. He thought it was his fault for him making any friends in the first place. I watched him shut everyone out of his life but Dai and Lucky didn't back down. We all lived in the same street, so they came back regularly but once Dai and Lucky's parents found out what he did to their kids, they abandoned them."

Cecilia let out a shaky breath.