"Correct, that is indeed the O'Donovan boy."
Derek smiled pausing as he stroked his chin, an idea flickering in his mind. 

"Hmm, I like you. Maybe I won't kill you after all."

The Wizard just stared wildly back at him, terrified by the insane boy before him. The look in Derek's eyes told Cory he better not piss him off or Derek wouldn't think twice about offing him, even if it was against Marcus's wishes.

"Derek, can you please stop getting distracted?" Marcus snapped as he glared at his fellow Resistance member.

Derek let out a sigh, wrapping his arm's around Cory's neck as if they were long lost friends, pulling the boy to a sitting position, under the crook of his arm as he grinned wickedly at Marcus. 

"But, I made a new friend, can we keep him?" Derek pleaded.

"He is not a lost dog." Marcus spat.

Derek's eyes furrowed as he studied the man, his face flashing in anger.

"You are right, he's nothing but a rat!" He replied, his wand growing red as he prepared to cast a curse.

Marcus was at his side in a matter of seconds, yanking the wand out of Derek's hands, annoyance plastered across his face.

"We need the gate key!" Marcus cried, "I am confiscating your wand until you play nice!"

"Pops, you are so cruel." Derek whined.

Marcus rolled his eyes, turning his attention to their captive.

"We want your gate key." He snapped.

"I can't give you that, the Council will murder me if I do!" Cory cried out.

"Look, you can let me take it, or I will leave you with Derek who isn't all there." Marcus sighed.

Derek shot a wicked grin at the man as he winked. The Wizard gulped unable to move, uncomfortable by how close Derek was.

"Do you enjoy chains and whips?" Derek whispered.

"What?" Cory muttered.

Derek leant in closer, his nose barely an inch away as he bore into the man's mind, his voice low and sultry enhancing the insanity as he spoke.

"Because I do." He playfully slapped Cory's cheek, "Especially as a punishment."

Cory's face turned a  beet red color as he glanced up at Derek invading his personal space, eyes darting over to Marcus for help. The black haired teen let out another yawn as he leant against the tree, arms crossed boredly watching the exchange.

Derek had positioned himself closer to Cory, as he waited for an answer, playing on the Wizard's weakness completely unashamed of his actions.

"Ok, I'll relinquish the key! Just please stop!" The wizard cried.

Derek smirked as he leant closer, reaching towards Cory's chest with a wicked grin.

"This is only going to hurt for a moment!" He warned as he let the magic flow from his hands, reaching into the man's chest.

Agonizing screams followed as the golden key was broken from its enchantment, ripping through the man's chest and into Derek's outstretched hand. The man panted heavily as he fell back unconscious from the spell removal.

Marcus muttered a memory eraser hex as Derek worked to place the key on the golden ring hanging from his belt next to a previously confiscated gate key.

"Sweet, two down with thirteen to go!" Derek grinned.

"You really have no shame do you?" Marcus sighed.

The Wizard's QueenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara