Eighteen: Nostalgic reminisce

"No. (x) is an unknown, and so is (y). (x) is not lonely and doesn't need anybody to be complete—well, it also needs to find (y) so it can make sense, but THAT is beside the point. If x+y=30 and x-y=2, Find x and y, that means (x) is the unknown number and (y) is also an unknown number and you have to use simultaneous equat—"

"Were you even listening to me?" she had been so lost with explaining the very basis of what Davian didn't understand, and she had been at for the past hour, only to look up and find his eyes unflinchingly, watching her.

"You have beautiful eyes, Tapatio."

"W-what?" she faltered, his statement coming out, disarmed her.

"Your eyes," he continued shifting in the sofa as he faced her looking her in the eye. "they remind me of Dove chocolate. Smooth," for some bizarre reason, Jess's heart started racing at his words and just as he said each word, his fingers were inching closer to her—face. "Creamy, delectable, and...meltin- fvck-."

His eyes looked as if they were devouring hers and she didn't know whether to continue breathing or collapse at the intensity of his words coupled of with that of his eyes or something. She was so unsure of what to do that she could only stare at him-blank.

After a few seconds, she felt the urge to break the silence that ensued. "How did simultaneous equation lead to a chocolate-y description of my eyes? It's just brown."

"It's not just brown Tapatio. It's so much more than just a colour, and because you are my x and I am your y. You and I are lost without each other and together, through anything will always add up, simultaneously."

"That was really lame, Grey," Jess rolled her eyes. How did he even come up so fast with corny and cringe worthy lines, ew. She wouldn't mention the fact that that had made her smile on the inside, no.

Before she knew it, he stood up striding around his bed to come and meet her. Yep, they were in his bedroom as for some strange reason he wasn't letting off, they couldn't have the tutorials anywhere else.

Yes, she had protested because she didn't exactly trust Davian to behave himself and she didn't also trust herself with him because she feared he might annoy her so much that she would be forced to kill him, which would be a clean kill because she could easily jump out of his window on the second floor of the house and escape, leaving his dead body on his king size bed that was so comfortable that one to many times, she had forgotten herself and had begun to doze off on it and his whole aesthetic room.

It was a room of colours of black and grey. His sheets were ink black, his duvet grey, his walls grey, the ceiling black with the half moon drawn on it holding it's intricate design down to the rocks that are on the moon, to the stars that surround it—it was really beautiful and this colour scheme was what went around in the whole room.

Even she with her grey hoodie really blend in well with her environment and her yellow bag, felt off in this room of melancholy; it all felt wrong.

Now, Davian had gotten to where she was sat on the edge of the bed and then bent to reach to her level. Jess's wide eyes followed him wondering why he was squatting so low and his nose was very close to hers and the influx of his sandalwood perfume was intoxicating her, all she could do was grasp ahold of the bedsheets for summoned strength.

And they stayed like that both still, drinking each other in, she shocked and he smelling her and the way he looked at her up and down as if he was undressing her made her shiver. She felt naked under the huge hoodie and sweatpants she had on. How very charming.

He kept at it again, smelling her, using that heated stare on her, undressing her making her pulse race to the point she knew was inhumane and then when she finally wanted to collapse and just drown in his—and then, surprisingly, he burst into a loud ruckus of laughter that broke everything.

Relieved, she released the pent up breath she had been holding and looked away as he did, sinking to the floor by her legs and laughed, even letting out an occasional snort that went so deep with his cheeks the colour of a red tomato and his neck. He was laughing so hard and loud that his he held his stomach with one hand and her legs with the other as if for support for his uncontrollable self.

It was so obvious he was trying to hold it in, to control his laughter but as another snort escaped, so did continuous laughter follow. And she powerless to his contagious laughter, she laughed with him watching his happy face as she did even though she had no idea why he was laughing, but seeing him like this just lifted it all up, could they always be like this forever?

If only he could look this happy every time, if only things could be like this with them every time, if only that hadn't happened and cracked them, maybe, maybe everything would have been different.

And now she smiled of nostalgia in memory of sane moments like this. What she would do to be young and free at heart again.

This chapter took me two weeks to write 😂 coupled up with the fact I had exams, it wasn't easy for me but I do hope you like this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts and share with your friends if you feel like this deserves it 😊

♡♡♡