Thirteen: ❝You Have My Home Address❞

Her stomach rumbled painfully, like a low hungry lion on the prowl. As she twisted in her seat hoping it wasn't as loud as it sounded to her—and also hoping her stomach could quit rumbling, which it had been doing for a whole hour now.

Her English teacher stopped from where he had been explaining about the theme of one of the novels they had been studying in class; The Great Gatsby.

"Miss Sawyer," her English teacher stopped, pushing back the bangs that had escaped from the bun he had put his blonde hair in.

Jess's eyes widened as every other person in the classroom turned their eyes to her. She didn't miss the harsh glares she got from the number of girls she had annoyed earlier due to the fact she got to sit in the god's lap—their words not hers—she had overheard them saying when she had escaped to the toilet after the accident at the cafeteria.

She couldn't help it and let out a loud squeak that sounded like a mice and a metal chair being scraped hard on the ground. It didn't help that loud laughter followed by the listening students who suddenly found her more interesting than the novel they were supposed to be more interested in.

"Yes Mr Moseby," she answered sitting up straighter yet wishing she could sink six inches into the ground and never have to deal with anything embarrassing life was going to throw her way. It was too much for one girl in a week.

"It sounds like you have a wild animal left unattended to get to. Why is that?" Mr Moseby asked closing the page at which he had been reading on.

Jess could only blink at him, she didn't know how to reply to what he had just said. Was that a joke? A rhetoric question?? Did he need an answer??? She didn't want to have to further humiliated herself due to the spotlight(s) she was currently under and the other students who had secretly whipped out their phones and were ready to film her.

"Um--," she looked around. Not really knowing what she was looking for as she was seriously sweating a bucket and Mr Moseby seemed to have all the time in the world. What was she going to say?

"Um," he urged, his eyes
raised, urging her to continue.

"Uhm—"

He cut her off, turning to the white board as he grabbed a hold of the marker from his desk and scribbled something on the board.

Jess slumped back into her chair relieved that she was no longer being probed. She had been so close to collapsing to a heap, because one, she was really shy. Two, she hated having any attention on her.

"Miss Sawyer, since you look to not have any reply to my rather smart question. Then I will like you to please answer to this question." he said turning back to her as Jess straightened back up, her hands sweating.

He had written the word THEME in block letter. It was right under the topic for the day. THE GREAT GATSBY.

"Yes sir," she asked wanting him to expatiate. Her voice even felt small to hear.

"Give me one major major theme to this great book," he said stalking the length of the class as he came closer to her.

"Theme?" she asked again dumbly.

"Yes, Miss Sawyer, just as I have made bold on the board, I want you to give me one of the central ideas of this book and you get extra points!" that definitely perked up Jess's attention. She would do anything to have more and more extra points.

So, it didn't hurt her that this was the first time Mr Moseby was treating this book in class. Because being the half nerd that she was, she had completed it a dozen times before and it happened to be one of her favourite books turned into a movie and she was so in love with Gatsby and Daisy and Nick—

Well you get that drift. So she knew enough themes of the book to begin and earn her extra point, she stood up and amidst the nerves, her hungry and rumbling stomach, the students who looked annoyed that she was standing up and the ones that were just still pure pissed at her, she began an extensive explanation of the reasons why Gatsby had been a fool and his decision had caused the book to plunge into the masterpiece it resulted in.

💋

"Jessica, I've been searching for you everywhere."

"Why?" She deadpanned anxious to get back home and at least get to fix herself a sandwich before he gets back.

"Why? Remember you're my tutor, we are supposed to head back to my house so you can coach me on the subjects I'm failing in school."

Sitting astride her bicycle, Jess frowned at Davian. "Whenever did I agree to having to tutor you?" she asked pretending to think about it. "Oh, I remember, never!"

"Davian, please get out of my way. It's getting late and I have to be at home soon or I'm really going to get mad." at you.

"That would be quite refreshing," he said casually lounging against the back of the car he had driven up to her and blocked her from being able to push her bicycle out of his way, while she had been on her way out of the school parking lot.

She didn't know what he was thinking of most times and why he even talked to her at all, after everything, yet here he was acting like everything was all peachy between the both of them.

No.

"Davian, seriously, I have no time to waste. Please get out of my way, I'm really running late." what was really going to get him to move out of the way. It was so annoying how he had no care right now about the fact that he was holding her up and she was begging, yes begging him and he didn't want to let her go.

He want even replying to her plea. "Davian, I can't be your tutor, I've a lot of work that I have to deal with."

Nothing. He didn't say anything, just kept on staring at her with those eyes of his.

"You have--you've got Sabrina! Why can't you get her to tutor you instead. She's better, and she's your girlfriend," she shrugged trying to sound very optimistic about it.

He didn't budge.

"And she gets straight A's," sharply, a finely carved eyebrow arched up, the only reaction he had given for precious minutes she was waiting. "Okay, maybe sometimes—BUT that's beside the point."

She was expecting him to force her to continue. He didn't so she continued anyways.

"But I can't, I don't want any trouble. I have a lot of things—"

"Done! 3-6pm everyday at my place. You have my home address and my phone number—everybody has my phone number anyway." she also didn't reply but he continued nor minding as he turned to enter his car and probably drive off to a party some place.

Yes, it was after school, but that didn't restrict Davian from doing whatever he wanted.

She didn't say a yes, yet she couldn't say a no. She was just shocked he had come to a decision without consulting her. Well he did, but——she shouldn't be surprised much. Davian could be like that.

Weird.

"I didn't say yes." she told him remounting her bicycle not knowing when she had gotten off it before.

"You don't have to say it. I saw it in your eyes."

Okay, now she couldn't look away. When did he become an eye reader? Shaking her head, she began to pedal out of the blockage Davian had made in the parking area.

"Come here, let me drop you off. It's the least I can do for allowing you go through the honours of having to tutor me."

She could only roll her eyes at his modesty, yet she found herself entering his car some minutes later.

I'm quite aware that there are a bazillion load of mistakes in this book. Just bear with me. Due to school, I've not had the time to cross check anything.

I hope you enjoy this book so far though!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share ♡♡