Explaining Things

Jake-

I pick up Grant and take him to his room.

I sat him down on his bed and tried to console him

"I want my mommy!" Grant yells.

"Grant your mom is gone. And she can never come back." I said.

I felt the urge to cry. I really do miss Laura. She was the only sister I had. Even though we weren't blood.

"Yes she can! She can drive back!" Grant said.

" I wish it were that easy, but it's not." I said.

Logan-

I was in Lillian's room. And I was pissed as hell.

"Where the hell were you?" I asked

"Where the hell were you?" I asked. "Do you know how worried I was? Or do you not care?"

"I do care. it's just..." Lillian started but her sentence trailed off.

"It's just what? It's just Kyle messing with your head?" I questioned. "It's just your selfish and you don't give a rat's ass  about your siblings?"

"No its-" she started but I interrupted her.

"You don't give a damn about anyone but yourself and you lye around my house, doing nothing but eating all the food and making a mess." I stated. "You don't even help out with your own family. And that little, I- was-on-the-phone-what-was-I- supposed-to-do-thing was just bull."

I saw tears start to form in her eyes and I got even more pissed.

"Why are you crying? I'm the one who should be crying." I said shaking my head.
"First, you sneak out. Then you bring that damn bastard, Kyle in here and you kiss him. KISS HIM!" I started to raise my voice. "You've done nothing but disrespect me ever since you were 10. I've done nothing but give, give, give, to you and you haven't once said thank you."

I saw a tear run down her cheek as she sniffled.

I sighed and leaned against the door frame.

"You owe some apologies to a bunch of people, Lillian." I said. "I've tried being the cool, and chill dad but I can't take this. Your disrespect has crossed a line and you need to change it up."