metanoia

I'm not really happy with how this chapter turned out but eh. Hope you guys like it!

_____________________________________________________

Yixing glances up from his work at the knock on his door.

"Come in."

Slowly his partially open door swings open and Baekhyun stands there in shorts and a t-shirt, seeming hesitant. He's clutching a pillow to his chest, almost as if for protection. After a moment of silence where Yixing just looks at him pointedly with eyebrows raised, Baekhyun seems to come to a decision.

"I'm sleeping in your room tonight," he announces.

"You are?"

"Yes. Tonight and every night that I feel like it."

"And you came to this decision all by yourself without asking me?"

"Yes hyung. Whether you like it or not, I'm sleeping with you."

Yixing has to hide his smile. Baekhyun's conviction is amusing and slightly adorable.

"Okay," Yixing says slowly. "What about Jongdae and Minseok though? Have you got that all figured out too?"

Baekhyun smiles at this, proud of himself, "Of course. Jongdae will be moving and sleeping in my room with Minseok for now. They'll both like it better this way anyway, if you know what I mean." He winks cheekily at his hyung.

Yixing rolls his eyes but is impressed nonetheless. When Baekhyun puts his mind to something, he'll get it, no matter what.

"Okay then. If you have it all figured out, then I guess you're welcome to sleep here." Yixing shrugs and turns back to his paper where he's composing some lyrics for a new song.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Baekhyun positively beam and skip gaily into the room.

The younger boy catches his eye and smirks. Yixing looks away and pretends not to notice anything. An overused tactic of his, he is willing to admit.

Yixing tries his best to immerse himself in his work and pay no attention to the other man. It's just so damn hard. It's like his brain keeps telling him to focus solely on Baekhyun. Baekhyun and nothing else.

He's so caught up in trying not to pay attention to Baekhyun that he almost doesn't even notice when his bed dips under the weight of the other boy.

"Wha—what are you doing?"

"Sleeping next to you, of course. What else did you think I came here to do?" Baekhyun is looking at him like he's an idiot.

"I thought you... dammit—aren't you sleeping in Jongdae's bed?" Yixing gestures at the bed across from his own on the opposite side of the room.

"Of course not. What would be the point of that? That would just defeat the purpose of everything!"

Yixing sighs and runs a hand over his face, "What is your purpose for sleeping here with me, again? I don't think I remember you giving me any reasonable explanation. In fact, I don't remember any explanation at all. "

"I came here because I want to spend time with you, hyung. I mean, come on, we obviously don't get to be together very often—Not that it's your fault!" Baekhyun adds hastily. He knows Yixing feels guilty about not being able to spend as much time in Korea as he wishes.

He continues, "I know none of it is any of your doing. And you're doing so much for EXO in China. I just meant to say that, I miss you , hyung. Even when we're together, we're not really together. We're just so busy. And—well—this is my way of trying to spend quality time with you."