reunion

Yixing almost falls over as another body launches itself at him.

"Hyung! You're back!"

He stumbles in through the doorway to be almost immediately accosted by countless pairs of arms. Greetings come from all around the room. He smiles. The thought that the other members had waited up for him warms him up from the inside.

He falls into the first embrace and looks down to see Baekhyun. Of course. On his other side, Junmyeon has his hand Yixing's shoulder and is reaching to take his luggage. Behind Baek's shoulder, Kyungsoo is visible, standing with Jongin.

Baekhyun, who is still clinging to him (Unsurprisingly. He is one of the touchiest members.) looks up at Yixing, "We missed you so much."

Chanyeol comes over and tries to pry Baekhyun off of Yixing. "Come on, give the man some space to breathe."

Baekhyun whines into Yixing's neck, "Noooo." Addressing Yixing he says, "Don't let him separate me from you."

He chuckles and pats his head. "Okay, okay. Just let me get into the room. And then you can cuddle with me all you want."

Sehun yells from across the room, "Hey, you have to share! You can't have him all to yourself."

Jongdae just shoots him a sympathetic look.

Yixing limps over to the couch with Baekhyun attached to his arm. As he collapses into the seat he notices that Minseok has fallen asleep while waiting up for him.

Everyone settles down. His luggage is transferred to his room. He's asked if he is hungry and what took him so damn long to get here. He replies that he had eaten on the way from the airport and that his flight had been delayed.

Even though it's late at night, the other members make an effort to stay awake for a little while and talk to him. It's the usual conversation: How has he been while he was away from the group? How is it in China? Is he doing okay and taking care of himself? He must get lonely, surely being by himself?

And as always, Yixing is touched by the members' concern and care for him. But after awhile, the conversation naturally dies out and one by one, the other members get up to go to bed. They greet him goodnight and tell him to get some sleep.

Surprisingly, Yixing is not very tired. Yet. He knows the exhaustion will all crash onto him at once.

Sehun is nodding off on the floor, leaning against the couch. Yixing tells him to go to bed. After briefly confirming that Yixing will be alright, Sehun obliges. Pretty soon, it's just him, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol left.

Baekhyun is still curled into him. Yixing has his arm around the other man. If it were anyone else, their cuddling might have seemed strange, but it's Baekhyun. He's known for being very physically intimate with all the members.

Actually, everyone in EXO is pretty physically comfortable with everyone else. After all, they are a bunch of attractive, single, twenty-something-year-olds working, living and sleeping together. Sometimes life gets lonely, so they turn to each other for comfort.

Yixing looks to see why it's fallen so quiet all of a sudden. It so happens that both Chanyeol and Kyungsoo have fallen asleep. Chanyeol has his head cradled in Kyungsoo's lap. Yixing smiles at the sight.

Baekhyun whispers into Yixing's shoulder, "You must get so lonely in China, all by yourself."

It's as if Baekhyun had read his thoughts.

"Yeah, sometimes," he whispers back. "But I'm always pretty busy and don't have much time to myself to really linger on the loneliness."

Baekhyun sighs and holds him tighter. "You work too hard. And I don't like the thought of you alone out there in a foreign country."