Eternal || Chapter Seven

Scott stood beside Katarina and Stiles near his blue jeep, wringing his hands.  His brown eyes were focused on Annie, who was pacing in front of the three.  Scott glanced between the two beside him before speaking up, "So, why are we here?"

          Annie stopped pacing and turned to Kat, a shrug working its way to her shoulders. "How should we do this?"

          Kat sighed as she rubbed her sweaty palms on her thighs before she moved to stand beside her best friend, "I guess just show them?" she lowly asked, waiting for Annie's approval before turning to the boys, "Scott, Stiles, we've got something to show you guys." Kat looked to Annie again, nodding her head.  Annie took a deep breath before shifting her eyes from their murky green to their bright red.

          Stiles clapped, a grin appearing on his lips, "I knew it!  But, honestly put those away, they're freaking me out."

          Scott, however, reacted completely different.  He gasped, his anger quickly rising, "You're the werewolf that bit me?" Kat gave him a warning look, telling him to keep his voice down.

          "No!" Annie's eyes faded back to a cloudy green, her confidence quickly being replaced with slight fear, "I can promise you that was not me!"

          Kat intervened, "I just thought that she might know what happened with your dream last night, Scott.  Plus, she had been in San Francisco until Friday, she couldn't have bit you."

          "Wait, what happened last night?" Stiles jumped in, shocked that he hadn't been told what happened to his best friend. "Dude, what happened?"

          "Last night, I had a dream that Allison and I snuck out to the school buses and then suddenly I attacked her.  I'm still freaking out because I don't know if it was real or not." Scott rushed, his words tumbling out of his mouth so fast he was surprised the three of them understood him.

          Everyone looked towards Annie, who had fallen silent.  Her mind was racing.  She had never even heard of anything like this.  Her father had made it a point to keep most pack secrets just that; secrets.  Only him and their second in command knew the most about what they were.  The blonde sighed, "My dad used to always say something about getting a grip on what you felt.  Though I'm not completely sure, we'd have to talk to someone with more experience."

          "You're saying I have to go to Derek, aren't you?" Scott sighed, his hand running down his face as he faced the reality of the situation.

          "What time can we go?" Annie asked, her answer evident in her question.  Kat sighed, she didn't want her friends or family to have anything to do with that man.  But it seemed that if they were going to get answers, they had to go to him.

--

          "Scott, dreams aren't memories," Kat tried to reason with her brother as she carved a path through the hoard of students in the cafeteria to an empty table.

          "Then it wasn't a dream." Scott finished the discussion, "Something happened last night and I can't remember what."

          The group of four sat down at an open table, their words becoming somewhat hushed as they continued the conversation.  Kat slid into the chair beside Stiles as he spoke to Scott, "What makes you so sure that Derek even has all the answers?"

          Annie opened her mouth to speak her opinion from beside Scott, but he answered Stiles too fast for her to even get one syllable out, "Because during the full moon he wasn't changed.  He was in total control while I was running around in the middle of the night attacking some totally innocent guy."