That it was. Stranger yet, was that the women found it more comfortable in their holding cell than the back of Zayn's cruiser. It was a simple square room with three sides made of grey cement blocks while the fourth as a wall of iron bars. While in appearance the cell was cold, they were both thankful that it was in fact nicely heated.

"I cannot believe you." Camila mumbled for the hundredth time as she sat Indian style on the bench that lined the back wall, staring at the bars in front of her.

"On the plus side, I don't think they can actually charge you with anything. Your name should be clear and therefore have no record of your involvement for the papers to get a hold of. I think Zayn is just holding you here to piss you off."

Camila rolled her head against the wall to look at the sobering photogrpaher sitting to her right. "How is it that you are so calm right now? You have just been arrested and could end up doing actual time in jail."

"Would it cost me you?"

Camila dropped her brow and lifted her head off the wall, burrowing her eyes into Lauren's. "What?"

"If I went to jail, would you leave me? Would you find it unbelievably difficult to be connected to someone with a criminal record?"

The brunette scoffed and returned her eyes to the barred walls. "Don't be ridiculous. Of course it wouldn't cost you me."

Lauren shrugged her shoulders and mimicked Camila's fixation on the bars. "Then why should I be worried about anything? It's not going to jeopardize my relationship with you and holds no effect on my ability to take pictures."

Camila thought about it for a minute and the cell fell silent except for the sounds of their breathing bouncing off of the barren walls. "I envy you. I wish I could be that calm and nonchalant about things. Just to enjoy what comes and not care as long as I have what's important."

"But what is important to you requires that you care about what happens. This would affect your career and your career is everything to you. You need to protect it. That is something that I can understand."

The diva leaned her head to the side and rested it on Lauren's shoulder, the raven haired woman resting hers on top of the brunette's. "It's not everything to me anymore."

"Awwww. That's so sweet."

"Don't ruin the moment." Camila warned with a light slap on Lauren's thigh before she took Lauren's hand in hers and intertwined their fingers.

"So, um...if your parents are going to kill you, and you didn't actually do anything wrong...what are they going to do with me?" Camila's laughed began as a huff and progressed to a chuckle which ended up in her holding her side with her available hand as her muscles began to ache. "Just so you know, you're making me nervous."

"Uh..." Camila's laughter slowly faded to sputters as she regained her breath. "I'm not entirely sure what their reaction to having to bail you out the first night they met you is going to be. But I do believe they will probably still like you over Shawn."

The light smile Lauren had been carrying through Camila's laughing fit fell. "Probably?"

Camila nodded her head. "If you were me and tomorrow wasn't Thanksgiving, they would leave you in here for at least 24 hours, just so the reality of the situation set in for you. But they wont do that to you now. Or if they did, once they bailed me out, I would bail you out."

Lauren looped her arm around Camila's shoulder, their hands still joined, and pulled her close to kiss her temple. "Thank you. And I'm sorry for getting you in this mess to begin with."