"I would imagine Hinata's son would be nicer than Neji's daughter."

"You would think," Naruto grumbled. Ansei was a mystery. Even Naruto, who had been the child's sensei for a year, had yet to get the boy to open up to him. While he was usually calm and quiet, Naruto knew there was a sleeping dragon in that child, waiting to be released. The only reason he was here and not living at the orphanage with his parents was because he was still a member of the main branch, and with Hanabi's own son sickly and weak, Ansei was chosen to be the younger boy's official bodyguard and advisor. He had been torn from his parents and his home at a very young age to begin his training with the Hyuuga clan.

He had been given to Naruto as a genin to assist in his fighting skills. The Guard of the Head of the Hyuuga Clan had to be able to defend himself, after all.

Minato offered his son a reassuring smile. "Sakura will understand, Naruto. She always does."

Naruto sighed. "I know. I just wish the world would give me five minutes to be a dad for once." Minato reached his hand out, but Naruto rejected the touch. Minato remembered having the same feelings when he was Hokage and didn't have all the time he wanted to play or train with Naruto. "I'm going to bed."

"Good night, then." Minato whispered as he watched his son move out of the kitchen. He looked up at the ceiling and sighed. "You were always better with him than I was," he prayed. "Watch over him, Kushina-chan..."
***********
Sarada wanted to go home, but she didn't say as much as she followed Boruto through the streets of the village. Himawari gripped the Uchiha's hand tightly and Sarada made sure the little girl wasn't scared. They had gone over the plan many times the night before and even more times that morning. They would speak to the Hokage, they would tell him their story, and then they would request information on Sasuke. From there, they would hopefully get home.

They stopped in front of the Hokage mansion. Boruto sighed. It looked nothing like the home that they were used to. "It'll be okay," she said quietly to the two Uzumaki children.

"I know," Boruto said. She sighed. It was typical of her teammate to not show any sort of weakness, even though she knew he was just as terrified as Himawari was. The encounter with Naruto yesterday hadn't gone as well as they would have liked, and even though Boruto would never admit it, Sarada had seen how shaken up he had been.

"Hey, you kids!" Sarada jumped and turned around. A young man stood behind them. "Can I help you?" he asked. He had dark grey hair, styled to look a lot like Kakashi's. He did look a lot like Kakashi. The man sighed and removed his dog ANBU mask. "You need to talk to the Hokage?"

"Y-yeah!" Sarada said with a quick nod.

"Well, I'll take you to him. Come on." He pushed passed the three kids. "Who are you three anyway? I've never seen you before."

"I'm Boruto, and this is my sister, Himawari," Boruto introduced.

"Boruto? That's an odd name," the man said with a shrug.

"Why you...!"

"My name's Sarada!" Sarada interjected quickly.

"Name's Meigetsu," the man greeted. He turned and grinned at them. Sarada turned away shyly. He wasn't bad looking at all.

"Meigetsu! Who are your friends?" The grey-haired boy jumped as Kakashi himself rounded the corner. Sarada blinked. The man didn't look as worn and tired here; like his life had been easier somehow.

"Dunno, dad. I found them outside."

"You found them?" Kakashi asked.

"Yeah. They seemed lost... Said they wanted to talk to Obito-sama."