VICTIM 6-PART 1

Song: Murder By Numbers by The Police

"When this monster entered my brain, I will never know, but it is here to stay. How does one cure himself? I can't stop it, the monster goes on, and hurts me as well as society. Maybe you can stop him. I can't."—Dennis Rader

"—Dennis Rader

February 25th, 2014

February 25th, 2014

Not trying to jinx the week considering it was just Tuesday, but my schedule had been a bit free. Maybe my boss could sense that I had almost reached my elastic limit because of my previous work load?

He assigned me to only three clients that week. Three clients meant three graphic designs to work on and finish in a week. It might seem like a lot to you, but to me it wasn't. Previously, I usually had five designs per week. And considering that most of our clients were big companies, CEO's were always the hardest to please.

Take for example, it was almost 4 p.m. and I was on my way to meet the CEO of one of the largest clothing lines in New York. From what I had heard, this man could make you redo a work over and over again until he was satisfied. But, that wasn't the annoying part. He wouldn't tell you exactly what he wanted; he'd just say 'surprise me,' and when you do, he doesn't like it. Who the hell does that?

I kind of wished the CEO was a woman so that I could kill her. But unfortunately, he wasn't. And men held no interest to me. If they did, my boss would have been long dead.

Back to the CEO; guess where he wanted to meet? A five-star restaurant. Good thing I left home on an empty stomach. I would have been angry if I was filled and I had to pass up the offer of free food. Who doesn't love free food? Especially from a five-star restaurant? If you don't, I certainly do.

As I pulled in front of the restaurant, a valet took my car keys from me and got in. Then I walked into the restaurant. My eyes darted to the left, I saw no one. Then to the right, still no one. I got confused. How could a restaurant be empty at this time of the day?

After about two minutes of me wondering if I should bolt—maybe it was set up?—a hostess came out from a room and walked up to me. "Right this way, Mister." She turned and walked back the same way she came.