VICTIM 2-PART 1

Song: Sunglasses At Night by Corey Hart

"It wasn't as dark and scary as it sounds. I had a lot of fun... killing somebody's a funny experience."-Albert DeSalvo

"-Albert DeSalvo

January 24th, 2014

"A new client has requested our company for a job and I am sending you," my boss said without caring to look at me. He just continued writing whatever he was writing.

"I haven't finished the other designs I am currently working on." I tried to hide the annoyance growing inside of me.

He dropped his pen, removed his glasses, and glared at me. "Do I look like I care? Go to the damn office and hear what he has to say. I already sent the address to your phone."

"Yes sir," I said, not caring if he noticed the sarcastic undertone.

His office was on the top floor, so I had to take the elevator down to my floor. Some of my colleagues greeted me as I passed their cubicle while others ignored me.

My cubicle was farthest from everyone else because I wanted privacy. On my desk was my bag which contained my sketching materials, I grabbed it and left my office building.

The drive to the address my boss sent me took only twenty minutes. "Wow, this must really be a big company," I said while staring at the large building I stood in front of.

'Free Energy Company' was what the sign at the entrance read.

First, I had to go in to find out why I was there. So, I did.

Positioned at the entrance was a security guard, he had a stoic expression on his face. When I approached him, he asked to search me. Who was I to complain; he was only doing his job.

After he was done, he opened the door and I walked into the lobby. The floors were made of white glazed tiles arranged in diagonal patterns and the walls were made of glass, revealing views of the city.