10. Goodbye and never come back

Work droned on like a boring lecture and Diana kept catching herself dozing off whilst studying company files. She was studying on Scarlet's biggest competitor, Royalz,  when her phone buzzed and she picked it immediately welcoming the distraction.
"Hello"

"Bes! You have to come back as quickly as you can! We have 225 test next tomorrow and a lot more after that.
It's time to come back from your vacation with that stranger" Betty rushed that Diana got anxious for a while before what Betty said finally registered in her mind.
"Thank God!" She groaned as rubbed her palm on her face.
As much as office work was fun..
Note the sarcasm, she could not wait to be back with her friends in school.. Whoever knew a day would come that Diana Krimson would miss that prison yard called school.

Hopping excitedly while whistling mismatched tunes she went to her ride in the garage and went home after the day's work. By dinner while everyone was eating, putting in a grave expression she announced,
"I have to go back to California tomorrow"

"Why?" Lisa asked shocked

"My tests are starting next tomorrow. So that means examination is on it's way as well"

Lisa gasped, "Oh dear! I actually forgot you are still a student.. You adapted so quickly to the adult world and I'm proud of you" she said and placed her arm on Diana who was looking at some else who was more interested in his dinner than looking anywhere else for his reaction.

"Please leave and never come back. It will be very much appreciated" Dan said with a stuffed mouth and a harsh glare.

"Don't be rude Dan!" Lisa reprimanded and Dan huffed.

"I'll call the pilot to get ready for the flight.. When do you plan on leaving New York?" Lisa said as she dipped wheat bread into the bowl of soup and ate.

"About ten am, would be fine"

"Great! be ready by then"

Diana went to bed happy to return to school and maybe a little affected by Cole's cold shoulder to her departure the next day....
I mean we had a thing between us! Maybe not a thing thing but there was a connection!! The idiot just behaved as though my existence is worth zero point zero one percent in his brain... Urggh!!

.....

By eight am, she was already dressed and ready to leave. She ran down to eat breakfast a little sad at leaving Lisa who has being a great mother figure to her.
"Good morning" she smiled and took her seat on the dining table
My seat.. She realized with sadness that she already took a niche in the mansion.

"Where is Cole?" She frowned ignoring Dan just as he ignored her and turned to Lisa at the head of the table.

"Good morning to you too, honey. Cole left early in the morning"

"To where?" Stabbing her table knife in the jam jar.

"That... I wouldn't know" Lisa replied biting delicately into the toast bread.

"Ha.." Diana muttered biting down angrily on her own bread and biting her tongue in the process.

"I have a meeting with my fellow alumni from my university, so I won't be able to escort you. Hope you'll be okay?" Lisa said as she stood up.