1. The Annoying Stranger

It's her second year in college at University of California, Davis and nothing seems to have changed. Life has always had its ups and downs well.. maybe more of the downs in Diana's case. Being an orphan at the tender age of one and living in a barely surviving convent orphanage home, she is used to life being tough, missing breakfast and sometimes dinner is now a usual thing for her. In one sentence to describe her situation, All is not well!

In her faded ripped jean, blue checkered shirt, the one pair of flats she wears everyday except sunday and one of the worn out bags she bought second-hand, she walked dispirited to the business administration building for her morning lecture.

"Dee" Betty called as she rushed to her side and gave her a side hug. A smile immediately flitted on Diana's face as she turned to her friend.
"Betty, how was your night? Did you sort out your 251 assignment" she asked as they entered the building and headed to the lecture hall.
"Yeah, thanks a lot for your help"
"what are friends for! Don't mention it"
"Speaking of friends, where is Jay?" Betty asked looking around the crowd for him.
"Here I am, my ladies" he said from behind them, draping his arms on both girls shoulders as he stood between them.
"Speaking of the angel" Betty called turning to Diana, her blue eyes sparkling with delight,
"And the angel appears" Diana answered and they both laughed leaving Jason rolling his eyes.
"Since our clique is complete, can we go get good seats for our lecture, 'cos i don't intend to sit at the back or in front of today" Jay said as he pushed the girls towards the lecture hall.
"Don't tell me you didn't do your assignment Jay! 'cos that's the only reason why you want to sit in the middle so that if submission starts from either front or back, you'll be safe" Jay smirked as he looked at Betty,
"You know me so well" he winked at her as she scoffed"
"Are you serious? You really didn't" Diana asked, her grey eyes bulging in surprise as turned to him as they sat down.
"Well, not that i did not try, I'm just not through" Diana sighed of relief at his explanation and sat straight on her seat.
Jay brought out his laptop and started typing away as the girls continued chatting with each other.
"Morning class, i hope my assignment is ready? I'll be collecting it at the end of the class" Prof. Ben said as he strode into the class as usual with a blank face.
"Done" Jay said pressing the enter button, transferred his assignment to his flash drive and left the class to print it.
"I hope prof. isn't in a bad mood and lock Jay out" Diana whispered to Betty.
"I hope not"

Luckily for Jay, Prof. was in a very good mood so he got back into the hall for the lecture.
"We don't have any class till four pm right?" Diana asked Betty as she stuffed her things into her bag.
"Yep"
"Let's go grab brunch at Pinky"
So off they went to the cafe-restaurant students joint to eat.
As they ate.. rather loudly chatting about, a man looking like he was in his early twenties, black hair cut in a rather stylish way, beautiful dark eyes that looked like an open gate to his soul, wearing a corporate dress code and a very very pompous aura walked in straight to a table behind Diana and her friends.

Men with pompous aura, exactly the type i hate most. But his eyes.. exactly the type i love the most, Diana thought with a dreamy sigh that she almost didn't catch the question he asked.
'Almost' the key word since it's quite hard to not catch someone mention your name... and surname, right? Well, except you are deaf or have an ear malfunction that is.

"Hi, do you know a girl named Diana, Diana Krimson?"
The girls who were no doubt drooling shook their head no as they stared at him entranced.
For some ironical reasons unknown to Diana, the stranger asked almost all the tables in there except hers.
As he sighed and walked out, Betty nudged Diana on her arm, "Dee, he's looking for you"
"I don't know who he is, and he didn't even come here" her ego bruised a little that the stranger didn't deem her 'Diana Krimson' enough even when their eyes had met immediately he got into the joint at first .
"You and your oversized ego, don't you wanna know who he is?" Jason hissed.
She hesitated before calling as the man left the door,
"Hey! Suit man" she called out and the man turned to her scowling.
"What!" he snapped and she glared at him with all the hatred and anger she could muster,
"Why are you looking for Diana?"
"Well, do you know her?" he asked as he walked to their table.
"I wouldn't have asked if i didn't know her, dull pants"
He glared at her with equal intensity as hers.
"I'm a friend.. a family friend" she scoffed as she looked at him unbelieving.
"Diana has no family.. you bloody liar!"
"Of course she has, she didn't fall from heaven and suddenly existed, dull pants" he said sending the insult back at her.
"are you a kidnapper or killer or what? 'cos as far as i know your relationship claim is as false as they come"
"Miss, i have no time to talk and argue all day so can you be kind enough to give me her contacts"
She shrugged, "sure"

She gave him her contacts as Betty and Jay watched unable to comment. The man called the line and her phone rang. He turned to her and glared as she picked the call, "Hi, this is Diana Krimson speaking"
"Miss, may i ask what joke you are playing at?" he asked, his face now red with anger.
"I don't joke with my name nor my life.. You can check truecaller if you don't believe me Mr..." she trailed off as she checked her true caller app on her phone for information about him.. "Cole.. Mr Cole Philips" she smirked at him as he tapped on his phone checking his truecaller app as well.

Sighing he looked at her, "Very well then, Miss Diana Krimson, my name is Cole Philips.."
"I already know tha.."
"a son to a family friend of yours"
"why would i believe that?"
"You are nineteen years old, date of birth, fourth of November in the year one thousand, nine hundred and ninety five, an orphan at the age of one"
"This is funny, why would the 'son of a family friend' be looking for me?" she asked trying to understand what he meant by 'one thousand, nine hundred and ninety five'.

"Can we go somewhere private.."
"For you to kidnap me.. Never!"
"For us to talk without an audience"
"I don't trust you"
"And i don't like you, if you're scared we can talk in my car" she reasoned it for a while,
"sure"
As both of them entered the black kia sportage, he started the car and began to drive as Diana froze with fear.
"I thought we were talking in the car" she said in sqeaky small voice.

"I changed my mind, let's go somewhere proper, to talk" he said with a smirk, his dominating aura almost choking an already 'trying to keep calm and not hyperventilate' Diana.

A/N
Hey guys, first of all today is 1 jan, 2017.. So a happy happy new year!
Secondly, this is a new project i started last year. I hope you guys will enjoy it way better than Truth or dare. What do you think of it? Vote, Comment and tell me what you feel.
Love you guys