9. Rejection

Diana looked at the hand stretched towards her and wondered how warm it would be,
Wait! What! where are these stupid thoughts coming from!

Standing from her chair and ignoring his hand, she cleared her throat and walked past him to the door,
"let's go" she said and walked out only to be stopped by a man in his mid fifties at the side of the door waiting.

" Hello Miss Diana, i am your new chauffeur, the name is David"

"Nice to meet you David, I'm guessing Lisa sent you right?"

"Yes"

"Ok then, lead the way"

He led her to a black Mercedes in the underground parking lot and opened the door for her. Turning to Cole she smiled sweetly,

"See you later" she waved and entered the car leaving a smirking Cole.
...

The next day during the board meeting, Leah's proposal was accepted and banners was quickly posted in all their sectors and online for the Valentine special which obviously brought about a great boost in sales.

"Brilliant work Leah" Cole waved at her as he left his office after work that day.

"Thank you, Cole.. but..... shouldn't you give me a celebratory gift for my work well done" she called as she rushed to his side.

"i should, shouldn't i?"

"of course!" she smiled.

"Okay, what do you want? If i can I'll get it for you"

"Hmm, i think a dinner will suffice. Tomorrow?" she lifted an eyebrow.

"Dinner? Tomorrow? Tomorrow is fourteenth, i guess I'll be free. Tomorrow it is, I'll pick you by six sharp, please be ready by then"

"Certainly, but you surprised me"

"I did? How?"

"I didn't expect you to agree"

"You did well and deserve a reward,  i also heard rumors that i don't care about the employees, so i want to make an effort to show i really care"

"Wow-" she faked a smile,
"- that's very mindful and nice of you"

"Thank you and good day to you" he nodded and went to his car as she entered hers.
.....

"How is your seduction going?" Daniel said as he came out of hiding and entered her car.

"As wonderful as it can be, he has a weakness and i plan on using that to get to him" she said as she pulled out her mirror and applied a fresh layer of dark pink lipstick.

"A weakness you say, what will that be?"

"Work, he loves his work too much, it's the only thing he sees.. So if i keep seeing him with work as an excuse, his attention will come to me naturally"

"ahh.." Daniel nodded, "but what you want, you know it's not with him right"

"Of course it is, that 'Diana' girl is just a mannequin, figure head, that can easily be pushed away" she said smiling.

"You, my darling are one sexily brilliant lady"

"Thank you very much, now can you get out of my car, i have to get ready for my valentine's date tomorrow"

"I'll be waiting with open arms when you run back to me, my love" he said swiping a smudge of lipstick from the corner of her lips and left the car.

...

Early morning on Valentine's day, Diana skyped Betty and Jason,

"Happy Valentines day Bes.. I love you for eons" she shouted. Betty laughed while Jason yawned,