2. Kidnapper or not?

Somewhere 'proper' to talk turned out to be a top-notch-high class- filled with fancy dressed rich constumers and snobby staff restaurant.
Diana felt so out of place as the waiter who brought them a glass of water and the menu gave a disapproving look. With as much courage she could gather from her pride, she sat straight with her chins raised high... Okay maybe a tidbit too high, 'cos she now saw only a bit of dark hair and group at the table in front of theirs. Lowering her chin a little, she stared straight into Cole's eyes..

Those beautiful eyes.. wait, what! I raised my chin to show who's the boss, not stare into beautiful open gates to souls.. Focus Dee! Focus!

He raised an eyebrow,

Ah so beautiful eyes.. This is not working, okay a little compromise, just look lower..
Ah.. Straight pointed nose.. Focus Dee! Okay just compromise a little, look lower...
How can a man have such pink beautiful lips.. God's creation is really perfect.
Deeee... This is absolutely not working!

Angry with herself, she frowned and looked down at her hand on her laps.
"Miss Diana"
Her eyes snapped up,
"Did you hear me?"
"Am sorry, what?"
"i asked if you knew Anthonio Philips"
"he's likely your father, right?"
"yes?" he said and she saw that he wanted her to say more.
"He's the family friend.." she trailed off not knowing what he expected her to say.
He sighed and slid a parcel to her, opening it she saw a pen.
"A pen? what on earth am i supposed to do with a pen?" she cried exasperatedly.
"It's a pen recorder, click the button below to play it"
Thanking God that they had gotten a corner seat, she clicked the button and quickly pushed the pen to Cole as she suddenly thought, what if it's a bomb!

Apparently, it wasn't a bomb because it started playing and she heard the sound of a very weak man,

"Diana.. How are you? I hope you are living a beautiful life? Were you being taken good care of?" Heavy breathing "Am sorry i am such a coward that i couldn't look for you, the man giving you this message is my son, Cole. He will take good care of you... It's time to come back to your place... Tell Cole to take you to the villa, In the office there is a safe containing some documents and a message for you. The code to the safe is you. Don't worry, Cole will take care and protect you" The message ended leaving both of them confused.
"How does he know it's me not someone else.." she whispered.
Or am i an illegitimate child or.. or.. what? She thought.
"How are you sure it's me, you're looking for?"
"You already asked me before, you are the only Diana Krimson i have found after searching seven federal universities in California, Nineteen years old... If you are still not convinced no problem, be ready by two pm on friday. We are going to New york to unravel your identity, okay?" Without waiting for her answer, he stood up and headed for the door as the waiter came back to take their order.
"Are you coming or not?" he called from his shoulder and Diana stood up to follow, "Miss, this is a restaurant not a meeting park, please be sure to tell that to your partner" the waiter practically sneered at her.
Angrily she huffed and stormed out after Cole who was trying so hard not to laugh at her.
Nobody messes Cole Philips and gets away with it. Ha!

As they drove back to pinky, they noticed police cars all over, their sirens making noise.
"We just left about an hour ago and a crime already took place here, does that happen often?" Cole asked amused.
Diana shrugged and got out of the car as Cole did so too.

"That's him!" a voice screamed and immediately all the officers turned towards them, Cole and Diana looking behind them for the law breaker as well.
Cole suddenly felt his hand being twisted to his back and his chest slammed to the door of the car, "Argh!"
"Dee.. Dee, are you alright? Did he hurt you?" Betty rushed towards them and hugged Diana.
"Ouch! Let go of me! Do you know who you are treating like this! This is police harassment!" Cole protested as two officers held him down.
"You are under arrest for kidnapping you scoundrel!" Betty shouted to him.
"Why would i kidnap an unknown nobody with an almost negative bank account" he snapped.
"What did you just say?" Jay hissed as rushed to him giving him a sound smack! on his head.
Diana finally coming out of shock spoke, "Sorry, i think there's a misunderstanding, this man didn't kidnap me"
"what!" Betty,Jay and a few officers exclaimed together.

After explaining to the officers and her friends- not everything ofcourse, just the part of him being the son of a family friend and their re-union, Cole was released while her friends were soundly scolded for making a false report and the police left.
"I'll see you on Friday by two pm sharp, i don't tolerate lateness" he said sharply and walked to his car.
"I never said i would go" she shouted after him.
"well, you have to" he answered back and zoomed off.

..........
True to his words, by two pm on Friday he was in front of her dorm calling her to come out.
"Let's go" he said opening the car door and pushing her in.
"Now i know why my friends thought you were a criminal.. You behave like one" she commented as he started to drive and she was replied with stony silence.
"wait are you? Is your father a criminal too?" he turned to her with a hard gaze.
"Please refrain from soiling my father's name and memory" he said coldly.
"He's dead? Oh I'm so sorry for your loss" she said remorseful.
"There's no need to be sorry, you are not God to be in charge of people's lives" he said quietly.
She nodded, "I guess so... What was he like?"
"Who?"
"Your father, of course"
"A very honest and hardworking man, he is my hero, my mentor.." he trailed off. She nodded patting his hand on the gear.
"It must have been cool to have a hero dad, right?" she smiled sadly wondering if her father was like that too.
As if reading her mind, he smiled back at her, "I'm sure your father was cool too"
"How are you sure?" she asked.
"That's because heroes only hang out with heroes, don't you think?" he said raising an eyebrow and she smiled happily, "yes! I think so too"

Cole drove into an hangar and parked, "Come on, let's go" he said as he got out of the car and lead her to a small- no doubt private jet.
"Wow! Is this yours?" she asked as she checked out the jet.
"Since it's company property, you can say so" he said drily as he took a seat like a proud peacock reminding Diana of prince azul the peacock in barbie the island princess.
"Wine?" an hostess asked.
"No thank you, i prefer cola and.. do you have snacks"
"yes, there are chocolates, cookies, biscuits and sweets"
Her eyes went wild as she thought of all the junks she didn't have much leisure to buy because of her financial state, "I want two of each of them" she answered quickly. "That is not healthy, you know right?"
"And how is it any of your concern?" she snapped at him and he shrugged,
"you're right, you're the one who'll suffer for it later" he said and kept quiet throughout the whole flight.

"Mr Philips welcome back to New york, we're landing in five minutes" the pilot announced waking Diana from her sleep.