7. Misused Office Hours

"You and I are like this together, how is life vain" the man asked his woman as they strolled down the trail to the river. Getting there she faced the beautiful scene before her with a sad expression,

"I feel nervous whenever you have that facial expression.
I feel like you're going to leave me and go far away.
What are you afraid of? What are you hiding?" he asked.

"its just... I feel anxious everyday while i live here.
Every step that i take.. I feel I must be cautious, like I'm walking on thin ice.
Sometimes, i feel like i cannot breathe" the woman said and the man looked at her calmly as she continued to gaze at the scene in front of them.

"Even though you have me?
You still feel that way?" he asked. She turned to him and smiled,

"If we had met in another world and another time, i was thinking how great that would have been. If only that could be... I wouldn't fear anything. I could freely.. Truly, I could love you all i wanted"

The man turned as he came out of his memory, cleaned the left side of his face revealing his makeup covered scar,

"If we are not from the same world... I will find you.
My..."

"What are you doing?" Cole voice sounded making Diana jump out of her seat and her phone fell from her hand.

"Don't you know how to knock!" she snapped.

"I've being doing that for the past five minutes before i ent.." he paused noticing her wet face, "what happened, why are you crying?"
Quickly, she furiously swiped the tears from her face, "Nothing"

"Are you sure, did something happen"

"Nothing happened!" she said as he looked at her curiously.

"If you say so" he shrugged as he swirled the office chair which was supposed to be facing the door to her office but was now backing it and picked her phone. Turning  the screen to check if it cracked from the fall, he noticed the paused video playing and faced her, "were you crying because of a movie?" he said incredulously.

"why? I can't?" she asked defensively, raising his hand in surrender while struggling hard not to burst into laughter, he leaned to her, "I'm not judging"
She could see the laughter in his eyes and it annoyed her to no end, "Do you think it's funny! Do you know how sad it is to be destined not to be together with the one you love, do you know how pitiful it is to be powerless against destiny, he wasn't there when she died and she was still smiling just hearing that song" Unknown to her as she spoke, tears fell from her eyes as she weakly hit his chest -- and he stared at her-  gobsmacked!
"Miss Diana, you were watching movies during work hours on your first day in the office... I thought I heard someone give a speech on being hardworking" he said coldly.
Releasing her tight fist and clearing her throat to clear the awkwardness that reigned she turned only to see two men staring at her before they quickly averted their gaze as her face turned fiery red. Walking confidently, Cole passed her and sat on the cushion with the two men.
"Please have a seat" he said pointing at the opposite cushion for Diana.
That's my line, dammit! She thought but said nothing still embarrassed by what just happened.

"Diana, this is Stephen Grey", he pointed at a young man with sandy blond long hair, blue green eyes, a lean pointed nose and pale lips, "- your personal assistant from henceforth"

Stephen gave a curt nod, "Nice to meet you, Mr Grey, since I'll be needing your assistance please help me out a lot" she said giving a warm smile.

"No problem ma'am" he answered professionally not returning her smile.

"And this is Nathan Rollins, the regional manager here" he pointed at a man in his early thirties, dark short hair, flat nose and a permanent pouting lips, his brown eyes boring into Diana giving her a silent scolding.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Rollins"

"And you too miss" he answered giving a small nod at her.

"And my name is Cole Philips, the vice president of this group" Cole introduced.
Diana gave him a cursory glance, internally huffed and returned her gaze to the 'gentlemen' in the room.

"Mr Grey?" Cole said with a smirk ignoring what Diana just did.

"Miss Diana, these are some documents that need your urgent attention, the remaining can be settled as we go on" Grey said pointing a heap of files that Diana had not noticed beside him. She gasped, "All these are some?" she questioned incredulously.
"Yes" he answered drily, his eye roll not missed by Diana. "well, i guess we better start now" she said sitting up straight, her chin jutted up.
"Before that, may i have a word with Miss Diana alone?" Cole said to the men
"No, you can't!" she said harshly, "Please sit down" she said to the men who were already about to leave.
"Please leave" Cole said quietly like a snake ready to strike if provoked and the men quickly strode out of the office.
"I'm higher than you! why would they obey you over me?" Diana said sullenly  eyeing the door as she stood up. Cole chuckled coldly as he stared at her with menace, "that's because you are just a mannequin, i hold the true power Diana Krimson. Speaking of which, who gave you the permission to make decisions for me!-"he walked slowly like a predator to its prey, "-did you ask me before making the announcement"
"ooof what?" her heart beating fast, I'm not scared so why is my heart beating fast, my stomach feels wierd, why is my chest dancing.. Is that a smile taking over my lips.. I must be crazy, what did i eat today!

"Did you heard what i said!" Cole snapped his finger in front of her eyes. 

"huh? What did you say?"

Cole looked at her and laughed sarcastically, "So all my scoldings just evaporated to nothing" he chuckled darkly.

"I don't want to be your interim CEO"

"why?"

He sighed, "Diana, would you like it if a position that was supposed to be yours originally is given to another person and that person then hand it to you temporarily... for a while, before collecting it back" She stared at him deciphering what he said, biting her tongue from pointing out that the position was actually... originally hers!
"But i don't have anyone to help me" she said quietly.

"why do you need anyone's help in the first place, all you have to do is stay and learn yourself!" he stated coldly, his hot breath fanning Diana's face making her suddenly aware of how close he was to her and wondering how come her back was to the glass wall.
"No! I want to finish my degree first and crawl my way up myself"
What was supposed to come out in a strong voice filled with determination, came out like a content sigh.

"why do you need to crawl up, giant wings has already been given to you my dearest angel" Cole whispered, his gaze scanning her face.

"Five years"

"what?" he asked confused his eyebrows furrowing.
"Give me five years to get up on my own without my wings, if i can not then i am unfit for this position, I'll give it to you" she said watching as surprise flitted on his face, "you'll give it to me? permanently? come on Diana! Do you take me for a child to believe that nonsense!" he said quietly.

"I'm not joking, we can make a contract, if i can make to general manager at the end of five years, then i keep my seat but otherwise i give it to you"

Cole gave a small smile, "you amaze me by your courage, angel" he said stroking her chin with the back of his middle finger, his gaze settled on her lips as she wet it with her tongue, "you amaze me" and he leaned closer.

A/N
Happy new month everyone.