Chapter Fourteen

Mathias

So far my favorite Cadence is a drunken Cadence. She finally pulls that stick out of her ass and has a little fun. She doesn't question me every five minutes about me spending money on her, and she gives me one hell of a show without even realizing it.

After I pay for the shoes she is currently wearing and a few of the others that she had her eyes on as we were searching for something to wear now. I've already arranged for the store to ship them to my house by the time we get back on Monday.

Grabbing her hand, I lead her back out of the store and towards the SUV. As much as I want to show her off on my arm, I am not ready for other men to be salivating at her like a bunch of starving wolves. She isn't going home with anyone other than me.

It may take me time, but I'm going to get her to fall in love with me. It's only a matter of time.

Aldrick will be nothing more than some speed bump we hit along the way.

I grin to myself as I think about the shit he's already pulled in this short amount of time. If he wanted her, he would have come back to get her or at least try to make a deal with me himself. I think that he's just using his dear little stepsister as a way to make all his problems go away.

What he doesn't know is that I won't save him again next time he fucks up that big. I don't care what he means to her. She doesn't deserve the shit that he's putting her through.

The ride over to the club is quiet, and I can hear her giggles as she tries to keep composure. Running my thumb down the side of her neck, she leans into me a little more and giggles again. "You have a lot of fancy cars." Her head leans against my arm, and I just stare at her for a few seconds as she closes her eyes.

I can see the exhaustion starting to creep in, but I don't think that it will keep her from going out tonight. She was pretty adamant about getting to dance.

As soon as the SUV comes to a stop in front of the club, my door is opened, and I get out. Reaching a hand in, I help Cadence out and wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me as Rob shuts the door behind us and taps on the window. The SUV drives off, and he ushers us into the club without a second glance.

The bouncers let us in with no trouble and the line by the door groans in their displeasure. One thing I love about this town is that I know a lot of the club owners and their bouncers. I spent some time out here before I moved back home to start my company.

Part of me wished I never left, but the other part is glad I did because then I wouldn't have Cadence on my arm right now. Instead, I would probably be some lame club promoter like I was at eighteen, just having fun and not giving a shit about anything else.

"Mr. Black." The man in a black suit greets us as we make our way inside. I reach out a hand to shake his just as Cadence pulls on my hand to drag me towards the dance floor.

I stand my ground, and she doesn't get to go far. She looks back at me and pouts, but I hold up a finger to ask her to give me a second before we head that way.

Looking back at the man in the suit, I see that he has his eyes on Cadence's ass. Wrapping my arm around her and pulling her back into my side, his attention snaps back up to me. "Thank you for the hospitality." I run my hand over Cadence's ass, and she looks up at me with a sexy smirk. Tonight is going to be fucking trouble, I can already tell.

As soon as the man walks away, Cadence grabs my hand, dragging me towards the dance floor.

She finds a spot almost dead center of the crowd and starts to sway her hips to the beat of the music. The loud bass is thumping in my ears as I scan the couples around us that are bumping and grinding into each other. Although I don't think that anyone would try anything out here, I can't take any chances. I see Rob just outside of the crowd of party goers, and he looks uncomfortable.