Chapter Five

Cadence

After spending some much needed time on the phone with Kelsey, I didn't feel like kissing the smug bastard. I swear I need to get my body in tune with my mind. Mathias Black is hot as hell, but there is no way that I'll let him ever touch me. I don't care if he gives me icy blue-grey puppy dog eyes, I will continue to hold my ground.

He is nothing more than a means to an end. Mathias Black is the one person who could save Aldrick, and he is.

A slight knock on the door brings my attention away from Aldrick, and I stare at the door, willing him just to go away. When the knock comes again, I yell out, "Just leave me alone Mathias." Another knock sounds and I swear I'm going to murder him in his sleep. I hope he never learned to sleep with one eye open.

Sighing, I get up from the bed and go to the door. As soon as I open it, I come face to face with a woman I've never seen before. "Hi!" She greets cheerily. "I'm sorry for bugging you. I know that I'm not Mr. Black, but he wanted me to bring these to you today." She turns and reaches for something just past the wall.

As she brings it in front of us, I can't help but stare at her in shock. Is she freaking kidding me? "He wanted..." I trail off. Shit, I don't even know what to say to her right now. My eyes scan over the fabric on the clothing bar, and I swear I think I've gone to fancy clothing heaven.

A few weeks ago, I would have killed for these skinny jeans that are hanging front and center on the rack. "He gave me your measurements, so I hope they are all correct. If something doesn't fit, please let me know, and I'll get the correct sizes." I just stare at her with my mouth wide open.

I'm sure I look so freaking attractive right now with the way my mouth is hanging open.

"Oh and if you want anything specific, just let me know, and I will pick it up for you." She gives me a huge smile, and I can help but just stare. At least I finally closed my mouth.

She waits patiently at my door and gives me a weird look when I don't move to the side so she can bring the clothes in. "Sorry," I mutter as I move out of the way. She sweeps into the room with the expensive clothing cart and starts to unload things into the closet. I continue to stare at her in disbelief as she sets a few shoeboxes on the ground as well.

My eyes scan over the names on the boxes, and I swear I think I might fucking choke to death. I start to cough, and my hand goes to my throat. Prada, Gucci, Louboutin, and even Jimmy Choo. Holy fuck.

My hand goes to my chest, and I swear I might faint. Never in my life have I ever thought that I would wear anything more expensive than that pair of Aldo boots my dad bought for me. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Seriously I can't do this.

I mean, I knew that he had money before, but this... this takes it to a whole new level.

"Excuse me," I say when I finally open my eyes again. The woman is still putting things away, and I have to ask. "How much did all this cost?" The words just hang in between us for a few moments before she goes to say something, but the clearing of a throat has her shutting her mouth quickly.

"It isn't something you should worry about," Mathias says from the doorway. I send him a scathing look, and he doesn't even flinch or waver.

"Thank you, Penelope." He says, dismissing her.

She nods and grabs her cart, pulling it behind her and out the door. He shuts the door behind her, and I hold my breath. I have no idea what he's about to say, and part of me can't stand staring at his beautiful face any longer than I have to.