Chapter Three

Cadence

The whole way to my new prison, Mathias had is hand on my lower back. I wanted to move away from his touch so badly, but my body craved the feel of his touch on my body. This shit is so damn messed up. What the hell am I going to do?

I continue to keep my head up high because, shit, what else would I do.

I have to make it a whole year in this mansion. I have to give up my virginity to him. I shudder as I think about what I've gotten myself into. God dammit Aldrick. Where the hell is he now? Probably somewhere with all the damn money he stole from those drug dealers.

I have to take a few deep breaths to tap down my anger. It's raging inside of me right now, but somehow I still can't be mad at that bastard. He's the reason I'm here, the reason all this shit is happening to me.

If only I didn't love the stupid idiot.

We continue to walk up some damn stairs that take us to another level. I look down one hall as I come to a stop at the top of the stairs. Turning my head to the other side, I see that there are more rooms down the other way.

Mathias gives me a little nudge in the direction he wants me to go in, and I move without a word. I'm done talking to that asshole. He makes me think about where else I would like his hands and then I have to chastise myself. I can't let him win. There is no way in hell I'll go willingly even though I signed that damn piece of paper.

We come to a stop at a door almost to the end of the hall. He reaches around me, and I feel his body press up against mine. I have to close my eyes at the contact. I hate him; I hate him, God, I hate him. I chant in my head over and over again,

As the door opens, I take in the huge bed that is pressed against the wall to the right. The bedding looks expensive and is very pretty. My eyes scan over the rest of the décor, and it looks straight from a magazine. Everything looks expensive, and I can only imagine the amount of money he's spent to make this room look like it does.

"If you need me, I'm the door at the end of the hall." His words leave it open-ended. I know he wants me to come to him in the middle of the night, but I'll be damned if that ever happens. He won't touch me I promise myself. I know I don't have a choice for the virginity thing, but I won't go to him willingly. No way.

I have to continue to fight for something, or I'll just give in. As much as I want to hate him too, I can't. I've heard about Mathias. I know the type of man he is and part of me was always curious to find out more about him. He's handsome, way too much for his good. He knows what he does to women, and he uses that to his advantage.

He turns to walk out the door when I don't respond to him and shuts the door behind me, leaving me in the room alone with my thoughts. Closing my eyes, I lean back against the wall and blow out the breath that I was holding. I need to get it together. If I don't, I may lose myself. If I lose myself, Aldrick will never want me.

I slide down the wall towards the floor and suck in another breath. I can do this. It's only a year. I can continue to hate Mathias for a year. No big deal. I can lose my virginity to him the night before I leave and never look back.

That's my plan; now I just have to stick to it and not let him in at all.

Grabbing my phone from my pocket, I turn the screen on and stare at the background. It's a photo of Aldrick and me that our parents forced us to take. I was giddy at the thought of him having his arm wrapped around my shoulder, and he just looked bored with it all. He didn't care that his mother wanted us to take this photo for the Christmas card that year, he just wanted to leave to go hang out with his friends and the bitch he was dating at the time.