3.0

There had been times when things felt a little out of hand and he couldn't do anything on spot to handle them. There had been times when he took so long to make certain decisions but never had he ever felt so helpless in his life before. Xander had no idea whether he should turn right or left, both sides looked clueless and his mind was messed up, jumbled up with dilemmas.

He sighed and rubbed his head as he sat on the couch besides his crying mother. He understood her concern and worry, he was aware how she must be feeling - her son was cold out after all. But Xander couldn't stop the irritation from snooping inside his mind as he heard the sniffles and milder sobs of his mother. Would crying do anything better for any of them? He ground his teeth and glared at his mother.

"Mom please. Would you stop crying? You sent dad home telling him that you were okay and all you have done is shed tears. What is the point of this? He is not dead!" His tone had been cold and he regretted it. But he was angry at so many things. First Sofia; his wife who was the cause of his headache lately because of her ignorance then the accident that happened. He was sick of this drama in his life and wanted it to end.

Zaira looked at him with hurt and wiped her cheeks. Sofia - seeing the snappy mood of her husband from the other corner of room shook her head and stepped ahead to console the poor woman. She stood besides her and smiled,

"You should go home. I will call you as soon as he wakes up and doctor said he is alright. Don't worry." She smiled gently at her. Zaira nodded and returned her smile before she gave Xander a look and walked towards her younger son. She kissed his cheek and walked out of the room. "You could have been a little civil. You aren't the only one concerned here." She rolled her eyes at his annoying behavior and sat down at the other end of the couch.

Xander's head whipped towards Sofia and he glared at her. He knew she was right but his huge pride didn't let him remain quiet,

"And you could have been a little more specific while telling me the details of the reason for his accident." His tone was accusatory and Sofia clenched her fists. She gave him a hard look and clinched her teeth.

"I promised him Xander. He made me promise not to tell anyone and that includes you; especially you." She sneered. He had been having temper tantrums since she had blurted the truth in front of him. He was being childish and Sofia had never been more annoyed with him.

"Oh I am so sorry. I didn't know you were sharing secrets with your ex." He hissed. He had been so rude to her today that she was so over it. His words didn't even hurt anymore because he had been saying hurtful and stupid things for hours now.

I am not crying Sofia and he is my brother. Stop crying as if he's dying!

I know you're concerned and worried about him. No need to show it to the world now go and let me focus on this call.

Can you please move? I have no desire to stand in front of you for whole day.

Sofia didn't have any energy left to put up with his stupid and false accusations. She just strongly disliked him right now and she was afraid that it might lead to a major fight if she answered him. She thought if she just plainly ignored him, maybe he would stop blubbering nonsense and at least try to put himself at her place. But no such thing happened.

Was it so wrong for her to be worried about a human being? Even if she never knew Salah, she still would worry for his health because he was a human, a living soul. And to say that he had put his life in danger just to save her and Xander, increased her guilt. Xander had contacted police right away after she told him half truth and they would be here in few hours now, everyone was just waiting for Salah to wake up.