Episode 18

Here is ths most anticipated 18th episode..
Target votes: 65
Target comments: 25

***************

Knock. Knock. Sona was disturbed from her thoughts and prayers.. She quickly puts the Cupid Star into the pocket and pushes her scrap book inside her bag.

“Come in…”

It was a lady. Middle aged. She was dressed very eloquently,as though she were some princess.

“Dr. Sonakshi?!”

“Uh… yes.. Do I--”

“I am Valerie Harper..from the UK,” Sona nods listening to Valerie as she continued… “Marketing and Sales Manager of the Harper Industries. My dad was supposed to have a meeting with Mr.Dev… but what an irony…where my dad could not come, there… Instead of Mr.Dev.. It is you…” Valerie says laughing.

Sona was lost looking out of the window… it was drizzling outside… The morning lights that peeped through the cloudy sky made a vibrant rainbow across the window against the rain drops that settled down. Such a breathtaking scene… thought Sona…

Valerie knocks on the table… startling Sona of her feet..

“Excuse me… sorry… I was--”

“The rain drops and the colours... they are distracting… --”

“Sharp. Very sharp…” Sona commented.

“Pleasure to meet you..”

“Same here”

“So… when could I meet Mr.Dev??”

“Is it about anything important??”

“Consignments..shipments…”

“Ow.. Actually he is not doing well.. Lemme check… if he is feeling better… then you can surely have your meeting today…”

“Thank you”

Sona smiles. She takes her bag and walks down.

*************

Dev was laying in his bed. Suddenly he felt restless.. Rain usually soothed him then why today… he thought.. He paced… sat… Roamed about.. And..Finally decided to call Sona.

“Hii!!”

“You are talking as though--”

“What are you doing??”

“Coming home”

“No,no,no”

“What??”

“Do one thing.. Let’s have dinner outside…--”

“Outside?? Where??”

“I am coming--”

“You had a meeting with Mr.Harper--”

“Miss.Valerie--”

“You knew she was coming--”

Tit tit tit… Line went dead.

“Uff”

Sona sighes as she enters into the lift.Dev tried calling Sona back...but in vain… he became more restless.

Dev sits in his car and drives off towards the office. He did not know why he was so restless. He did not know why he called Sona out of his restlessness. And now when she does not receive his call… his tension is increasing..